Kal Ho Na Ho
    India & Cambodia

Default Iím confused: Shahid

Follow us on Social Media

Shahid Kapoor claims to be completely at sea about his fatherís vision for Mausam, says heís decided to simply toe the line

Shahid Kapoorís father Pankaj Kapur is turning out to be the most demanding director heís ever worked with. All information regarding the film, Mausam, is tightly controlled by Pankaj himself, who has expressly forbidden his son from uttering a word about the film, or even taking any decisions on the look he is supposed to sport. In fact, the beard that Shahid has grown for the part may have to go. Apparently after seeing the look, Pankaj decided the beard doesnít go with the Air Force officerís role after all. Says Shahid, ďBelieve me, Iím thoroughly confused. My father keeps telling me to try different looks, and I just obey. He asked me to grow a beard and I happily did it. I donít know what else heís going to make me try.Ē

But wasnít an Air Force pilot with a beard a contradiction in terms in the first place? ďWeíll not go against the logistics of the character, thatís for sure,Ē Shahid says with certainty. ďDad says he was considering it. Whether it stays or not I donít know. Iíve reached a point where Iíve surrendered completely to his vision. Iím just going ahead with whatever he wants to do with me. Exactly how Iíll look I wonít know until we actually start shooting.Ē Shahid says heís also at his witís end about the rumours linking him with Priyanka Chopra. ďI didnít start them, so donít ask me where and how these rumours keep coming back from. Just because Priyanka and I stay in the same building, people keep making assumptions. There are so many other girls in the same building. Maybe I should just change my home address. I donít enjoy being written about in connection with the women I am seen with.Ē At the moment, the actor is getting ready to shoot with his Mausam co-star Sonam Kapoor. Says Shahid, ďThatís the story of my career. Iíve been romancing a new heroine in every film for six years and each time thereís a link-up. The rumours may not start this time because Sonam and I are working in my dadís film. This pairing should be interesting.Ē On the anvil is a film with Sooraj Barjatya. ďIím dying to work with him again, and I want him to know Iím waiting for him to call me.Ē