Runner Up - Admins Awards

Default If sex is always on people's mind, it's their problem" - Jagmohan Mundhra

Follow us on Social Media

It was way back in 1982 when he kick started his career as a Bollywood filmmaker with a gritty realistic thriller Suraag. Starring top actors of that time - Sanjeev Kumar, Shabana Azmi, Rajesh Khanna, Tina Munim and Hema Malini - the film was way ahead of it's times. Though Jagmohan Mundhra a.k.a Jag started exploring a career in West while mostly making thrillers with an element of erotica to them, he also made a critically acclaimed Kamla in the interim. However, it is only in the current decade that Jag has become far more active in the Bollywood circuit with films like Bawandar, Provoked and Shoot On Sight. Joginder Tuteja catches up with the 62 year old man who is one of the 5 odd filmmakers of this age group who are still active when it comes to calling the shots behind the camera for a Hindi feature film.

You roped in Tanushree Dutta and Neetu Chandra to play all important roles in Apartment. Happy with your final choice?
    Absolutely. There are lot of actors who work for their entire lifetime but never get their due. However that should be secondary because first and foremost, it should be about the passion for your work. I can see that passion in both Tanu (shree) and Neetu. Since Tanu has been a Miss India, she was well suited to play an air hostess in the film. On the other hand Neetu has tremendous affinity for camera and comes with complete freedom of expressions. To me, real good actors are those who can make an *** of themselves in front of camera. Anupam (Kher) does that, Govinda does that; in fact all good actors do that and that too with conviction. Neetu comes with this quality and this is why I feel that she is a very strong actor and will go places.

Kal Ho Na Ho
    India & Cambodia

Thank You