Runner Up - Admins Awards

Default I’m the young hero’s fantasy figure: Bipasha Basu

Follow us on Social Media

Bollywood bongshell Bipasha Basu makes a foray into art cinema with next Friday’s release Pankh, directed by Sudip Chattopadhyay and starring the debutant Maradona Rebello opposite her.

The movie will have Bipasha in many different looks.

“It's not nine roles as has been wrongly reported. It's just nine looks. I play a character who doesn't really exist. I'm the young hero Maradona Rebello's fantasy figure,” Bipasha is quoted as saying by a news agency.

The movie has Maradona playing a young man confused about his sexual identity because he played female roles in films since childhood. Bipasha plays the woman he fantasizes about.

“Every look (of mine) is a reflection on his mood. When he's mellow I come out looking like an angel. He sees me the way he wants to see me. I loved the script and the director Sudipto Chattopadhyay's passion,” Bipasha revealed about her role.

Bipasha said she was bowled over when she heard the movie’s script first.

“Pankh is very special, and not just because it's my first so-called art film. But the minute I heard the subject, I was bowled over. It deals with a very serious problem within the film industry,” said Bipasha.

The movie also stars Mahesh Manjrekar, Lillette Dubey, Ronit Roy, Sanjeeda Sheikh and newcomer Amit Purohit