YouR De$i RaPPeR
    Spain BCN (Barcelona)

Default Bollywood Shahenshah pledges to save the Shahenshah of jungle

Follow us on Social Media

Actor, producer, TV host and blogger Amitabh Bachchan dons one more role now that of a tiger saver- as he joined NDTV-Aircel's 'Save The Tiger' campaign today.

NDTV has tied up with the cellular company to spread awareness about the dwindling number of the national animal by bringing out a series of programmes to sensitise people about the issue and has appointed Mr Bachchan as the brand ambassador.

Interacting with the media at the launch of the joint campaign here, the actor said, ''If my voice and face can be used to impress upon people to save the tiger, I am more than willing to be a part of the campaign.'' He also said, ''We, as artists, have a face value because of our profession and the way sales of consumer products increase if a visible face sells them, it shows that people do listen to us.'' Expressing his concern about the decreasing number of tigers in the country, he said, ''As I sit here, I go back with a little more knowledge about the tiger. He just wants to be left alone and does not want any entrenchment into its habitat.'' ''I am happy that the electronic media, which has the maximum penetrative reach, has taken such a step and if I can convince even one person to follow this righteous path, it would be great,'' he added.

Quizzed about the effectiveness of online campaigns and how aggressively would he blog about the issue, Mr Bachchan, an active blogger, told UNI, ''As soon as I leave this event, I am going to update my blog with photos and videos of this initiative and spread the message across.'' ''I will request Aircel to send me the link of their online campaign so that I can incorporate it in my blog,'' he added.

Mr Bachchan also signed a pledge to save the tiger and has shot a series of commercials for NDTV to raise awareness which would be aired soon.

.~*\ .............~**~...~*\../`*~. ~**~-,
    .\.....\,.~*\/.... /\.....\... ..V...../ ...(_)...\
    ..\............ .\.....\/..../. \........ ./\......,.~*
    ....\,.~* ..`.-.,,.-`..\, ,./.....\..,,`.\