YouR De$i RaPPeR
    Spain BCN (Barcelona)

Default Big B in sea link controversy

Follow us on Social Media

A controversy has arisen over Bollywood superstar Amitabh Bachchan being invited on Wednesday to inaugurate the remaining four lanes of the Bandra-Worli Sea Link. A section of the Congress party is unhappy because he was invited.

"He's (Bachchan) the brand ambassador of another state. We would like to promote our own state. Perhaps I would not have attended the function had I known he would be present," Maharashtra chief minister Ashok Chavan said.

"I've heard that some people in the Congress are unhappy that Amitabh Bachchan was invited," he added.

Bachchan is the brand ambassador of Gujarat, where the Bharatiya Janata party (BJP), the main party in Opposition at the Centre, is in power.

Speaking about the event on his blog, Big B said, "I had been invited by the Minister in the Government to attend and so I went along."

"A fresh controversy has been rapidly manufactured on my involvement in today's event on the sea link. But of that some other time and space," he added.

Mumbai traffic pressure is expected to decrease three times with then eight-lane sea link connecting Bandra and Worli in seven minutes at the rate of 50 kmph.

Four lanes were opened last year in the first phase. Now with the inauguration of four more lanes, the Sea Link is now complete. In the third phase, the Sea Link will be extended to Haji Ali in South Mumbai.

.~*\ .............~**~...~*\../`*~. ~**~-,
    .\.....\,.~*\/.... /\.....\... ..V...../ ...(_)...\
    ..\............ .\.....\/..../. \........ ./\......,.~*
    ....\,.~* ..`.-.,,.-`..\, ,./.....\..,,`.\