Kal Ho Na Ho www.desirulez.net

Default Every underdog has his day: Abhishek Kapoor

Follow us on Social Media

Abhishek Kapoor is on cloud nine these days. Not only did Rock On set the box office on fire, it even won the National Award where the movie was adjudged as the Best Film.

“It’s a huge deal to be recognised for your work among movies from all parts of the country,” he says. Abhishek had earlier tried his luck as an actor, but when his films failed at the BO, he accepted the fact.

“There was no point in doing a movie that wouldn’t work. There are many things to consider in the movie-making business,” he points. From acting, Abhishek turned towards direction. However, it wasn’t a easy journey. “I made Aryan with as much dedication as Rock On, but the movie faced many problems,” he says. The road got tougher for Abhishek as Aryan, too, was not well received. A few months later, Abhishek conceived Rock On. But this time around, things fell in place.

“Like-minded people working together makes a huge impact. I’ve always believed in giving the script a lot of importance and that’s paying off now,” says the director. The success of Rock On has obviously changed the equation. “People are now more willing to lend that extra helping hand,” says Abhishek. And though Rock On has been appreciated by the audiences and critics, Abhishek is in no mood to take it easy. The director is currently busy adapting Chetan Bhagat’s Three Mistakes of My Life. Alongside he is also working on a script written by Ashok Banker, which will be made into an English film for the international arena. Rock On fans are also looking for the sequel to the movie, but the director doesn’t seem to be in any hurry. “People often end up making a sequel just because a movie has worked. But I am going to take my time and see how it goes before taking a leap,” he says.