Kal Ho Na Ho
    India & Cambodia

Default I don't know if Iíll marry Nandita: Dino

Follow us on Social Media

During a recent trip to the city, actor-turned-businessman Dino Morea came clean on his relationships, business ventures and yes, movies too

You have ventured into business...

Yes. Itís exciting to have your own business interest as they take off the pressure of constantly thinking about how much to spend on things.

Have you started your business ventures because you arenít doing too many films?
    Not at all. Isnít Shah Rukh Khan involved in several business ventures? He does few films too. I have ventured into business to give myself and my loved ones all the comforts of life. I have a restaurant and bar that are doing well. Now I have started celeb merchandising, film production among other things. Having your own business ventures is a smart move, but acting still remains my first love. Earlier I had to accept any offer that came my way to pay my bills. Today, I can afford to be choosy. I am no longer doing films for money, I do them to satisfy the actor in me. I would love to play different roles in films and not necessarily that of the male lead. Since cinema has evolved so much over the years, the lead actor is no more the only important character in a film. Iím open to doing character roles if they are conceived differently.

So, are you a better businessman than an actor or a model?

I donít really know that. But I am enjoying my stint in business and am doing well too. In business, you need to think quick, but at the same time, not jump to conclusions. Itís important to make the right decisions at the right time .

Your company is the first celeb merchandising company in the country. Why is celeb merchandising so important these days?

Everybody wants to have a piece of their stars. I remember as a kid, if I wanted a picture of my favourite hero, Iíd have to cut it out from a newspaper or a magazine. That is not what will make todayís youth happy. They want to be closely connected with their heroes. They are the ones who make stars into icons. So, we thought why not begin with Yuvraj Singh and MS Dhoni. Now, we are also making their range of merchandise available at the stadium. Thatís business ó maximising on opportunity. My partner and I are also in talks with two Bollywood stars for celeb merchandising.

A lot of B-Town beauties have also forayed in business ó Shilpa Shetty, Esha Koppikar Narang and even Rakhi Sawant.

Well, women do have uncanny ways of getting things done. Men definitely lack that ability, but in the end business acumen is essential to make any venture successful. Your gender is immaterial.

Women are credited to be behind successful men. Who is that woman in your life?

Two women ó my mother and a special friend I donít wish to name.

Bipasha Basu, Nandita Mahtani, Lara Dutta, Kangna Ranaut...who have you been in love with?
    Let me first make it clear ó I am not dating Kangna nor am I involved with her romantically. The photos that were published in a Mumbai tabloid recently were clicked at a party. The other three women that you mentioned have been a part of my life. Yes, I have dated them and been in love with them too.

You have fallen in and out of love. Do you think you have been unlucky in relationships?
    I donít think so. My relationships have taught me to move on in life. I have loved whoever I have dated and if things didnít work out, I have moved on and so have they. I believe trust is the most important thing in any relationship. But sometimes, you see what you want to see not what it is.

Now that love is brewing between Lara and Mahesh Bhupathi, is there anything you want to tell her?
    No comments.

So, are you marrying Nandita?

Everybody seems to know who I am getting married to, except me. Even I really donít know when I am marrying or who I am marrying. When I decide to marry, I will tell the entire world about it.