Kal Ho Na Ho
    India & Cambodia

Default Ranbir Kapoor all set to play Kishore Kumar

Follow us on Social Media

Bollywood latest heartthrob of the nation, Ranbir Kapoor is all set to play the legendary singer Kishore Kumar in a Shree Ashtavinayak venture. A versatile singer, Kishore Kumar is a revered figure in the Indian film industry celebrated for his timeless classics. News has it that UTV, Shashank Ghosh, Sudhir Mishra, Nagesh Kukkunoor and Shoojit Sircar have been contemplating with the idea of making a film on the legendary singer.

However, Ashtavinayak may be the one who beats them all. Last week, when Ranbir Kapoor was travelling to Delhi for a conclave, unexpectedly, a writer from Shree Ashtavinayak Cinevision was a co-traveller. He narrated a script based on the life of Kishore Kumar to the actor. Once Ranbir heard the story, he told Shree Ashtavinayak that he found the story very fascinating and worth considering the offer. “He told them that it was very entertaining story and he approved of it,” said a source to a news daily.

However, Ranbir’s final approval would depend on the director Shree Ashtavinayak picks. When contacted, Shree Ashtavinayak spokesperson said, “It’s too early to talk about this.” However, Leena Chandavarkar (wife of Kishore Kumar) was quite surprised to know that another film was being intended on her deceased husband as she said, “But I have no problem. I think everybody loves my husband unconditionally. Jo bhi banayenge, theek hi banayenge. Only thing is that they should not misinterpret facts,” added Leena.