Kal Ho Na Ho
    India & Cambodia

Default Arshad: The ghost director

Follow us on Social Media

Arshad Warsi has worn many hats for his maiden production venture Hum Tum Aur Ghost. Not only he has written and produced the film but he also plays the lead role along with Boman Irani and Dia Mirza.

People on set say he interfered in the direction department as well. Ask Arshad why he didn’t direct his maiden venture and he says, “I thought Kabir is a far more capable hand than me. I am much safer in his hands. I have done Sehar with him and am aware of his capabilities. The way he has canned emotional scenes is brilliant,” the Ishqiya actor says. The actor rubbishes rumours of trouble brewing between them. He clarifies, “When you’re working, it’s like marriage. Anybody who has brain and opinion will agree and disagree. We are friends but have very strong point of views. That is a very good space to be. This is the kind of equation David and Govinda and Karan Johar and Shah Rukh share.” Arshad admits that he gave valuable inputs in the film but strongly shuns reports saying he has ghost directed the movie. “You have to meet Kabir Kaushik. Only then you will realise how stubborn he is. He doesn’t listen to anybody. He is very firm.”