Thumbs up B.P.Singh switches from horror to comedy

Follow us on Social Media

[DOWN]B.P. Singh, who is a master at directing thrillers like CID and Aahat, is for the first time trying his hand in directing TV's first ever silent comedy. Yes, we are talking about Fireworks Productions' new show on SAB TV, Gutur Gu.

Gutur Gu has secured an average rating of 1.3 in its opening week, and has received a very good response. And another feather in the cap is that the ace producer and director B.P. Singh has directed the second episode of Gutur Gu, which will be aired this week.

Telly Buzz contacted B.P. Singh to know about his experience directing a silent comedy. "Yes, I have directed few episodes of the first ever silent comedy on TV. Initially I was nervous as I am so used to working in these horror and thriller subjects. But as the scene went on, I got confident. Directing shows like CID and Aahat is not that difficult for me, but I have to accept that this was a tad bit tough (smiles). But I got a lot of support from my crew, and got an amazing response too".

Fireworks' CID is the #1 show in terms of ratings on Sony, and Aahat happens to the #2 on the channel. And now, Gutur Gu has managed to get the #2 position on SAB TV in its opening week itself, behind Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah. Talking about this, B.P. Singh said, "It is a great feeling to get such a good feedback. CID has been running for 13 years now, and Gutur Gu has just started. It's a nice concept and we are confident of the show doing well".

We wish the Gutur Gu team all the very best..