Kal Ho Na Ho
    India & Cambodia

Default Stampede at Indian Idol auditions

Follow us on Social Media

Remember the ruckus that was created by the contestants during the auditions of the reality show Dance Premiere League in Delhi last year? It was no different when the contestants came in hordes to Noida to try their luck at the Indian Idol 5 auditions. The police had no option but to lathi charge the mob.

Contestant Sunita Chauhan recalls, “No arrangements had been made for us. Boys were disheartened and agitated, especially when they saw girls getting easy entry. The cops had to lathi charge to control the crowd. I saw people being rushed to the hospital in ambulance. Ek ladke ko kuch logon ne uthaya tha, woh behosh tha.” Contestant Snavar Jeet Singh, who has cleared the first two rounds, and is awaiting a confirmation for the final round told us, “It was wrong of people who hadn’t registered trying to barge into the venue.” We also spotted Abhijeet Sawant and Prajakta sitting in one corner of a not-so-swanky room, and asked them why they chose that place?

“Hum toh yahan chhup ke baithey hue hain. Unlike contestants in Kolkata, people here are too confident. When I went out to interact with the contestants, someone came up to me and said, ‘Yaar bata andar akhir poochte kya hain? They aren’t submissive, and that’s scary,” said Abhijeet. When we contacted the channel, their spokesperson told us, “The dates for auditions in Noida have been postponed due to what happened yesterday. We want to be more cautious this time. We haven’t fixed the date till now. We have the registered names and the selected contestants will be informed. The auditions will happen very soon.”

thank u