Default The SRK tale, in pictures!

Follow us on Social Media

S, R and K mean more to the Indian child than just three randomly chosen letters from the Angrezi alphabet. He knows that these three stand to denote one of the most loved superstars on Indian screen: A man you can love, hate but never ignore!

Come February 12, and we would be into yet another SRK movie, titled ‘Billu’! It is time to celebrate the King Khan! Click on, as we take you on a guided tour into Zone SRK!

Shah Rukh Khan, named after Timurid emperor Shah Rukh Mirza, was born on November 2, 1965, in New Delhi. His father, Taj Mohammed Khan, was an Indian freedom fighter from Peshawar, British India. His mother, Lateef Fatima, was the adopted daughter of Major General Shah Nawaz Khan of the Janjua Rajput clan. He served as a General in the Indian National Army of Subash Chandra Bose. Khan has an elder sister named Shehnaz.

Shah Rukh attended St. Columba's School where he won the Sword of Honour, an annual award given to the student who best represents the spirit of the school. Khan later attended the Hansraj College and earned his Economics (honors).

In 1991, Shah Rukh married Gauri Khan (who is a Hindu) in a traditional Hindu wedding ceremony on October 25, 1991. They have two children: son Aryan Khan and daughter Suhana. According to SRK, his children “follow both religions”.

life-size wax statue of Khan was installed at the Madame Tussauds Wax Museum, London. He was also accorded the Ordre des Arts et des Lettres (Order of the Arts and Literature) award by the French government.

In October 2008, Malaysia honoured SRK with the Darjah Mulia Seri Melaka, which carries the honorific Datuk; this was for "promoting tourism in Malacca" by filming ‘One Two Ka Four’ there, in 2001.

"Before descending on Bollywood, Khan studied acting under celebrated Theatre Director Barry John at Delhi's Theatre Action Group (TAG). Says John: "The credit for the phenomenally successful development and management of Shah Rukh's career goes to the superstar himself."

Khan made his acting debut in 1988 when he appeared in the television series, ‘Fauji’, playing the role of Commando Abhimanyu Rai. He went on to appear in several other television serials. Says Khan: “I don’t sit around complaining about the lack of good roles. I will play Raj 85 times and still make him different.”

Khan made his Bollywood movie debut with ‘Deewana’ (1992), for which he won the Filmfare Best Male Debut Award. In 1993, he won his first Filmfare Best Actor Award for his performance in ‘Baazigar’. Says the superstar: “I’d die if people didn’t recognise me. I would not be able to walk on the road if people didn’t mob me. That’s what I work for.”

In 1995, Khan starred in Aditya Chopra's directorial debut ‘Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge’, which entered its twelfth year in 2007 in Mumbai theaters. By then the movie had grossed over 12 billion rupees, making it as one of the biggest movie blockbusters.

In Y2K, SRK starred in Aditya Chopra's ‘Mohabbatein’, co-starring megastar Amitabh Bachchan. In that same year, Khan set up his own production house, Dreamz Unlimited with Juhi Chawla. Both Khan and Chawla starred in the first movie of their production house, ‘Phir Bhi Dil Hai Hindustani’.

In 2002, Khan did Karan Johar’s multistarrer ‘Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham’. He also received favorable reviews for his performance as Emperor Asoka in the historical epic, ‘Asoka’. Khan also starred in the 2002 screen version of Sharat Chandra Chattopadhyay's ‘Devdas’.

In 2007, Khan replaced Amitabh Bachchan as the host of the third series of the popular game show, ‘Kaun Banega Crorepati’. Bachchan had hosted the show for five years from 2000-05. Khan’s KBC, however, lasted only five months.

Khan is currently filming ‘My Name is Khan’, which would be released by this year end. In 2008, his Red Chillies Entertainment entered the world of cricket and became the owner of the IPL team, Kolkata Knight Riders.

Khan has a penchant for one-liners: “The dream I chased, took me on a journey. A journey more rewarding then the goals, the achievements. When I look back it’s like facing a million mirrors. Each reflection opens a window. A window to the world I’ve just discovered. The world I want to share with all of you… ”

Here’s another one: “Sex is not required to sell my film. My name is enough. There are only two Khans. Genghis Khan and Shah Rukh Khan. You can love me or hate me, but you can’t ignore me!”

thank yewww

Retired Staff
    London, UK

thanks dear

Landed To DesiRulez
    London, England

thanks for share

I usually forgive.. but only ma self

dR Contributor

niceee pics.........