Results 1 to 2 of 2
Thread: Missal Pav
03-07-2010, 05:17 PM #1NιѕнyGuest
Dry white peas 100 gms
Turmeric 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
Oil 1 1/2 tbsp
Mustard seeds 1/2 tsp
Ginger paste 1 tbsp
Garlic paste 1 tsp
Green chili paste 1/2 tsp
Thick tamarind juice 2 tbsp
Garam masala 1/2 tsp
Coriander leaves 1/4 cup
Yellow chili powder 1/4 tsp
Chat masala 1/2 tsp
Lemon juice 1 no.
Mixture of gathias, papri, peanuts, 2 cups
dal, bhavnagri etc.
Chopped onion 3/4 cup
Chopped chillies 2 nos.
Coriander leaves 2 tbsp
Salty curd (beaten) 1 cup
1. Pressure cook peas with very little water, salt & turmeric.
2. Heat the oil and put mustard seeds.
3. Add ginger, garlic and green chili paste.
4. Fry for a min. add cooked peas and tamarind juice.
5. Cook uncovered on a low flame for 2 min.
6. Add garam masala and coriander leaves
7. Mix well and remove from heat.
8. At the time of serving sprinkle the mixture of gathia, papri, peanut, dal, potato chips etc.
9. Add onion, green chillies and coriander leaves.
10. Sprinkle yellow chilli powder, chat masala and squeeze lemon juice all over the cooked peas.
11. Finally, top with a little curd and serve immediately so that mixture does not turn soggy.
04-15-2010, 04:35 PM #2