Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Dal Rasam
03-07-2010, 04:26 PM #1NιѕнyGuest
Tomatoes (diced) 1 no.
Green chilli diamond cut 3 nos.
Rasam powder 1 tsp.
Salt 1 1/2 tsp. Or (to taste)
Coriander chopped 1 tsp.
Grated coconut 1 tsp.
Apalam (papad) 4 nos.
- Boil dal arhar with salt and turmeric in sufficient water ( 800 ml)
- Take 380 ml of dal water only.
- Soak tamarind in warm water 180 ml for 5-10 min. Strain and keep aside.
- Heat oil, add mustard seeds and cumin seeds. When it crackles add heeng water.
- Add chopped garlic, curry leaves, dry red chilli and turmeric powder.
- Add tamarind water and boil.
- Add tomatoes dices and diagonally cut green chillies and cook for 2-3 min.
- Add dal water and cook for 5-8 min.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and grated coconut ( options)[/DOWN]