Results 1 to 3 of 3
Thread: Chocolate Barfi
03-07-2010, 04:55 PM #1NιѕнyGuest
Pindi khoya 1 kg
Grain sugar 350 gm
Water 150 ml
Milk 50 ml
Cocoa powderPista slivers or silver leaves (optional) 1 1/2 tsp[/DOWN]
- Bring sugar, milk and water to a boil.
- Grated khoya from thin side of grater.
- Remove scum and simmer till sugar sets on finger tips.
- Add khoya and mix on slow fire till boil comes.
- Remove 3/4th on greased trey and set in fridge for 1-2 hours.
- In balance 1/4 cocoa powder and heat on fire.
- Spread cocoa mixture on already set trey and set for 2-3 hours once again.
- Pour with silver leaves
- Cut in to desired shape and size.
03-17-2010, 09:04 AM #2
- Join Date
- Mar 2010
- coppell, dallas, TX, USA
Serving Size: Enough for one bowl of nachos (5-6 persons)
• 1 1/2 tbsp. butter
• 1 tbsp. corn starch
• 1/2 cup milk
• 1 oz. cream cheese,
• cubed 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese,
• shredded 1/8 cup monterey jack,
• shredded 1/2 tsp. Busha Browne's Pukka Hot Pepper Sauce. (Any habanero/scotch bonnet pepper sauce will do. We recommend anything with a "use with descretion" warning on the bottle.)
• 1/2 tsp. chili powder
• 1/4 tsp. paprika
1. In a small saucepan over low-medium heat, melt butter and stir in corn starch.
2. Pour in the milk, add cream cheese, and continue to stir until mixture is fully incorporated.
3. While stirring mix in cheddar and jack cheeses, chili powder, paprika, and hot pepper sauce.
4. Continue to stir until cheese has melted and all ingredients are well blended.
5. Pour over tortilla chips.
04-15-2010, 04:30 PM #3