Retired Staff

Default That's my song too!

Follow us on Social Media

Babul Supriyo surprised that their Antaheen duet fetched only Shreya Ghoshal a National award

Babul Supriyo is taken aback to find that his duet with Shreya Ghoshal fetched her the National Award for Best Singer.

Out in the cold
    The lyricists Anindya Banerjee and Chandranil Bhattacharya have also bagged the National award. But he and music composer Shantanu Moitra have been left out in the cold!
    The National award for the Best Male Singer has gone to Hariharan and for Best Music Direction to Ajay-Atul, both for Jogva (Marathi).

What about us?
    Babul says, "The song Pherari Monn for which Shreya and Chandrabindu (the band which the lyricist is a part of) received the Best Singer and Lyricist awards is a duet between her and me. Shantanu Moitra created some really great melodies for the film but sadly neither he nor me won."

On a lighter note, he confesses, "Achhe kaam ke liye dosto ko jab award nahi milta hai toh dukh hota hai. Par ek hi gaane ke liye jab sirf unko (National) award milta hai to bahut dukh hota hai."

Aniruddha Roy Chowdhury's Bengali film Antaheen was also adjudged Best Film and Avit Mukhopadhyay also received the Best Cinematographer award for the flm.
    Antaheen starring Rahul Bose, Radhika Apte, Aparna Sen and Sharmila Tagore is about an IPS officer who has lost faith in real relationships and seeks solace in the virtual world.

Kal Ho Na Ho
    India & Cambodia