Kal Ho Na Ho
    India & Cambodia

Default What's keeping Sallu so busy?

Follow us on Social Media

This one looks like it’s all set to be another big-ticket, starry shaadi. After Rajasthan tourism minister Bina Kak’s son Ankur, it’s time for
    her daughter Amrita, a singer, to tie the knot, and the engagement was held in Delhi a couple of days ago.

“The formal engagement ceremony was on Thursday with Delhi-based entrepreneur Riju Jhunjhunwala. It was a close family affair,” Ankur told us.

“I am very happy. In fact, it was during Ankur’s reception that Riju saw Amrita and met her. And then the family approved of their relationship at their residence in Delhi,” she says. But why didn’t she hold the function in Jaipur? “Actually, I didn’t expect it to happen so fast. Since they wanted to do the godhbharai at their Delhi residence, we came here,” said Kak, on her way back to Jaipur.

She’s all praise for the new family member. “I am seeing a wonderful son-in-law in Riju. The family is also an old one and a Gandhian one. They are very cultured and down-to-earth people,” says Bina. And the minister took Ankur, Amrita and Riju to meet Congress president Sonia Gandhi. “I took them to meet Soniaji and seek her blessing. She is such a warm and affectionate person. And as Rajivji was my mentor and my political standing today is all because of him, it was my duty to take them to meet Soniaji,” she adds.

The ceremony remained restricted to a close family affair and Salman Khan, a close friend of the family, couldn’t be present for it. “Salman couldn’t make it to the ceremony because of his movie premiere, but as a bada bhai, just one day earlier, Salman went with fruits and mithai to meet the Jhunjhunwalas. He is very close to Amrita and considers her equal to Alvira and Arpita (his sisters),” beams Bina.