Kal Ho Na Ho
    India & Cambodia

Default Why are Shahid's lips purple?

Follow us on Social Media

Shahid Kapoor has spent his formative years in the capital and the actor has not forgotten the fun time he had here. At a recent do in Delhi, he
    told us, I was not really a Delhi boy. I was here for about eight years, till the age of 10. But I had a blast here.

Shahid was a resident of Saket and remembers everything. He says, My most vivid memory is that of the Press Enclave, in Saket, B block. This is where I lived with my grandparents. He studied at Gyan Bharti School, which was at walking distance. And boy, was he mischievous! He says, Ek peeche gali si jaati thi jahan pe jaamun ka pedh tha ... nahin shehtoot ka ... and hum log chaat-chaat ke shehtoot khate they. Aur humein daant padti thi ki gande shehtoot kha ke aye ho.

But the naughty Shahid never gave up. I loved playing cricket in the back alley of my locality. Breaking glass panes and getting fired for that was an almost everyday thing. I and three other friends were called the pillars of the class. We were always given punishment and were always standing in class, he laughs.

Like any Delhi kid going to school, Shahid was a lolly freak too. He was allergic to orange, so the doctor had told his mother to not let him have anything with orange in it. But, says Shahid, There was a small ice-cream vendor outside our school. I would always stand near the colony gate, in a corner, having orange and cola lolly bars. When Id come back, my grandfather, who Im very, very close to, would ask me, Did you have ice cream? My lips would be all purple and orange and Id say, No. What? Where?

Well, Shahid, thats exactly what you say when we ask you personal questions these days!

suva. fiji islands

lol purple lips huh

Once I was called the Best,
    now you can also be called the Best in ur category.
    so what u waiting 4! make urself capable of being called best....