Kal Ho Na Ho
    India & Cambodia

Default I wanted to be a writer: Sonam

Follow us on Social Media

Sonam Kapoor looks every bit the stunner as she alights from her car, her micro entourage in tow. After all, her looks have ensured that several
    endorsement deals have come her way. Remind her that her endorsement count is higher than her releases, and she retorts, Ive done only three. Its very little compared to many in the industry. I pick brands of the highest quality with which I can have long-standing associations.

Her association with fashion has been largely talked about, with renowned designer Roberto Cavalli even dubbing her his muse. Im flattered. I like his clothes, she smiles. Is he her favourite? No. Its Marc Jacobs and Karl Lagerfield, comes a straight reply. Im extremely emotional and blatant. Ive got into trouble with the press for being blunt. But if youre very diplomatic, you lose your identity, she maintains.

She doesnt plan to be more prolific with her films. Is Sonam going the Aamir Khan way? Im just following my own path. My films take time. So, Ill do only two or three a year, she states.

The young achiever is modest about her feats, and adds, Its about being at the right place at the right time; being dedicated, honest, having a lot of goodwill and listening to your parents as they want the best for you. I was born and brought up in this industry. I dont know how it is to be a bankers daughter.

Hence, the trappings of stardom dont bother her, as she patiently answers the media. Says Sonam, I wanted to be a writer. I respect responsible journalism. Apparently, Jawaharlal Nehru once came to the TOI office and said, You are the conscience of the nation. I notice young mediapersons just trying to do their jobs, and realise we need each other.

Post the Deepika-Ranbir split, reports suggested Sonam went around town saying, I told you so. I can never do anything that malicious as I know there are many young girls trying to ape my behaviour, she clarifies.

About her kind of man, Sonam says, He should be faithful. Im conservative and believe marriage is for keeps. Does her I Hate Luv Stories director Puneet Malhotra make the cut? Hes a part of my friends circle. None of us has the time nor the inclination to get into a relationship now, says Sonam.