YouR De$i RaPPeR
    Spain BCN (Barcelona)

Default Hungama launches ArtistAloud for unreleased music

Follow us on Social Media

Hungama Digital Media Pvt. Ltd, South Asia's largest digital entertainment company, Monday announced the launch of Artistaloud. com, a digital distribution platform for unreleased music created by artists.

It currently features songs spanning over 6 genres which range from alternative pop, classic Indi-pop, fusion, English rock to Hindi rock and Bollywood Pop. This vast variety of music is presented by a combination of 30 artists, solo performers and bands.

Speaking on the occasion, Neeraj Roy, MD and CEO, Hungama Digital Media said, "Hungama's new initiative,, combines the possibilities of digital platform with great musical talent. It rests on two pillars- giving each artist his freedom of expression and music lovers their right to choose from a wider offering. Musicians should have a platform to share their compositions, either one or five, with the audience. ArtistAloud is a platform created to fill that void."

With ArtistAloud, musicians now have an opportunity to connect with their fans directly. The library comprises handpicked compositions that have been close to the artist's heart and created with great passion.

This music represents a faction of talent that is exclusive and inaccessible currently, through traditional or other commercial platforms. With Hungama, they will have access to a world class digital distribution network that is available to all Hollywood, Bollywood and international mainstream music.

Another attribute of ArtistAloud is the fact that all artistes on board retain the publishing rights of their compositions. They have the liberty to take their music onto the physical medium via any record label.
    "Today nobody supports or promotes the independent artiste and as a consequence good talent suffers. I am extremely happy that is supporting and giving them a platform for promotion and I give them my aashirvaad wholeheartedly, said Asha Bhosle

Singer Shaan said: "I appreciate the effort as it aims to help Independent Musicians and music businesses thrive in the changing media environment. Importantly the musician can directly connect with its audience without the mercy of any music company."

"This is a great idea! I, myself have made a song in tribute to Michael Jackson and made it available on iTunes. This platform is right place for right music. Great Attempt for spotting great music," said music composer Bappi Lahiri.

"A boon to all self motivated independent artists all over the world who now will have a platform to expose their talent, art in this open horizon platform without any binding form," added Salim Merchant.

To experience the sound, the audience on ArtistAloud can sample the music for free with a one minute preview of each song.

If one wishes to listen to the complete song, it can be downloaded using two price packs - single download at INR 10 and a value pack that allows you to download four songs at INR 20. The songs are made available in mp3 format, for both PC and Mobile devices, said a company release.

The ArtistAloud library can also be accessed through Hungama's domestic and international digital distribution partnerships comprising, mobile operators,, the BSNL storefront, iTunes, Rhapsody, Amazon MP3 to name a few, and through the Tata Sky DTH platform.

.~*\ .............~**~...~*\../`*~. ~**~-,
    .\.....\,.~*\/.... /\.....\... ..V...../ ...(_)...\
    ..\............ .\.....\/..../. \........ ./\......,.~*
    ....\,.~* ..`.-.,,.-`..\, ,./.....\..,,`.\