Kal Ho Na Ho
    India & Cambodia

Default Katrina Kaif is the most searched Celebrity of 2009 on Bollywood Hungama

Follow us on Social Media

By Bollywood Hungama News Network, January 9, 2010 - 14:02 IST

Katrina Kaif has done it again. Second year in a row, the femme fatale has topped the list of the most searched celebrities on Bollywood Hungama, overtaking Kareena Kapoor, Priyanka Chopra and even Salman Khan! As far as films go, underwater adventure Blue, with Katrina in a cameo, topped over Ghajini, Wanted and Kaminey.

When told about the results, an excited Katrina Kaif told Bollywood Hungama, "I'm so happy and privileged and I'm glad my well wishers have supported and stood by me. I m very happy to be voted everywhere. Its only because of my well wishers, I am here today. I hope you guys continue giving me such positive support as always."

To feel the pulse of the die-hard film buff, we looked at what users searched on Bollywood Hungama in the whole of 2009, and came up with a bundle of surprises. Katrina over Kareena Kapoor and Blue over Ghajini. Megastar Amitabh Bachchan, despite the highly successful Paa and Big Boss 3, could not find a spot on the top searched celebrities.

The year 2009 was a battle of the sexes; a head-to-head skirmish between the old and the new Bollywood. In celebrities, the females had a clear lead. Katrina Kaif, Kareena Kapoor, Priyanka Chopra were the most searched celebs on Bollywood Hungama, followed by Salman Khan, Shah Rukh Khan and Shahid Kapoor.

The top searched movies were Blue, Ghajini, Wanted and Veer respectively. Blue garnered the maximum number of searches, a testimony to the expectations it had built up. SRK's My Name Is Khan generated enough curiosity to make it to the eighth spot. New age Bollywood cinema made its mark with Kaminey, Love Aaj Kal, Dostana and New York also making it to the top 10 searches of 2009.

A few stars had a bad hair day last year. 'Khiladi' Akshay Kumar was the eighth most searched celeb on Bollywood Hungama, followed only by newcomers Asin and chocolate hero Imran Khan. Clearly, gorgeous girls and the tried-and-tested brand of mass entertainers found favour with our audience.

We know that the real film buffs will have their own conclusions to make. So, here's the list of the top 10 most searched celebs and movies. Let us know what you think!

Top searched celebs

No. Artist
    1 Katrina Kaif
    2 Kareena Kapoor
    3 Priyanka Chopra
    4 Salman Khan
    5 Shah Rukh Khan
    6 Shahid Kapoor
    7 Amrita Rao
    8 Akshay Kumar
    9 Asin
    10 Imran Khan