Retired Staff www.desirulez.net

Default Andy Murray & Laura Robson Lead Britain To First Hopman Cup Final

Follow us on Social Media

A heroic doubles performance from Andy Murray and Laura Robson led Britan to their first Hopman Cup final. The pair combined on Friday to claim a 2-1 place in the title match at the 22nd edition of the eight-nation, mixed-team competition with a defeat of Russians Elena Dementieva and Igor Andreev in a 6-4, 6-7(6), 10-6 match tiebreak.

In the singles matches, world number four Andy Murray defeated Andreev by 6-1, 6-0 in less than an hour clash while Dementieva defeated Robson by 6-4, 6-0 to leave the tie on one rubber apiece.

The junior Wimbledon winner Robson seemed to be particularly excited after his doubles win and diamond-encrusted tennis balls awarded to the winning team in addition to prize money.

Robson said, "I got my revenge in the doubles. I want those diamonds."The teenager added, "No, way, there's no chance mum's going to get the diamonds."

The Britons will face Maria-Jose Martinez Sanchez and experienced Tommy Robredo in the finals. Murray beat Robredo twice in 2009 but lost to him indoors in a 2007 final.

Murray said, Hes played great here this week. Laura has her chances in singles, and I want to win those diamonds now also."