Kal Ho Na Ho
    India & Cambodia

Default Breaking News: Farhan's mum on Deepika

Follow us on Social Media

Hotshot filmmaker and super hot actor Farhan Akhtar turns a year older today. He shares his birthday with his filmmaker cousin Farah Khan, and

if their hectic schedules permit... the two cousins normally cut a cake together. “We have a Capri9 Club going,’’ says Farhan, who is happy he got a chance to be ‘home’ with his wife Adhuna and two daughters Shakya and Akira on his birthday this year.

On the work front, 2010 is a super-packed year for the 36-year-old filmmaker. He has a solo-release coming up in Kartik Calling Kartik, a thriller where he teams up with the gorgeous Deepika Padukone. Of course, the happily married man thinks it is even ridiculous to contribute a word to rumours linking the two of them off screen. “I feel silly even offering clarifications on the issue,’’ he says. “Deepika is a competent actress, a stunning-looking girl, but beyond that can we not talk about Deepika please. Whoever has been writing these stories does have a very active imagination.’’

Farhan’s banner Excel Entertainment in which he is a partner with his friend Ritesh Sidhwani will start filming Crooked with Abhishek Bachchan on January 14. In April, they will go on the floors with Zoya Akhtar’s second directorial venture in which you have a Bollywood superstar and Farhan himself playing important leads. Denying that he even has the remotest plan of introducing Telugu superstar Chiranjeevi’s son Ram Charan Teja (Magadheera) to Bollywood, Farhan says, “I denied the story to the journalist asking me if it was true that I was bringing this Telugu star to Mumbai. However, denials these days invariably fall on deaf ears.’’

In September this year, Farhan goes into his most ambitious venture Don-2 with Shah Rukh Khan. “The principle starcast is primarily the same as Don,” he says. “Whatever else is there to announce, Ritesh and I will do so closer to the date.’’ For the moment, the actor who is busy promoting Kartik Calling Kartik on various social networking sites, wants to leave no trick unturned to get his audience in. The film is slated for a February 26, release.

And though Kartik Calling Kartik has a lot riding on it for the actor and the filmmaker, he is still not keen to float rumours of a romance with Deepika. Farhan doesn’t need gimmicks to sell his work.