YouR De$i RaPPeR
    Spain BCN (Barcelona)

Default 'Zenda' release postponed

Follow us on Social Media

The release of much-awaited Marathi movie 'Zenda', scheduled for, was postponed, due to objections raised by Swabhiman organisation, led by Nitesh Rane citing that a negative character in the film bore resemblance to his father and Maharashtra revenue minister Narayan Rane.

''Zenda'' (which means flag), the first directorial venture of renowned singer-lyricist Avdhoot Gupte, was schduled to release in Mumbai and other places across Maharashtra today. However, Nitesh Rane found similarities between a corrupt minister in the movie - Sada Malwankar - and his father Narayan Rane. Therefore, he took objection to the release of the movie, following which Mr Gupte had to postpone it.

The movie depicts the conflict in the minds of activists following divide in a political family. It traces the journey of a family similar to the Thackerays and has characters like Shiv Sena supremo Balasaheb Thackeray, Shiv Sena executive chief Uddhav Thackeray and Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) chief Raj Thackeray. The movie was cleared by Shiv Sena and MNS earlier, but now the objection by Swabhiman has delayed its release.

''I wish that my movie should reach to the people. The government has assured the necessary co-operation. But I am worried, whether common people will come to see the movie if I neglect objection by an organisation. Therefore, I will change the objectionable character ''Malwankar'' in the movie. We'll have to change its name, style. This will require some time and therefore the release has been postponed. A movie is the director's progeny, I am very sad that I have to cut the limb of my child before its birth,'' Mr Gupte said in a press conferece here late last night.

.~*\ .............~**~...~*\../`*~. ~**~-,
    .\.....\,.~*\/.... /\.....\... ..V...../ ...(_)...\
    ..\............ .\.....\/..../. \........ ./\......,.~*
    ....\,.~* ..`.-.,,.-`..\, ,./.....\..,,`.\

Kal Ho Na Ho
    India & Cambodia