YouR De$i RaPPeR
    Spain BCN (Barcelona)

Default Sharmila Tagore-Soha Ali Khan starrer bags Best Feature Film Award at Pravasi Fest

Follow us on Social Media

Sharmila Tagore-Soha Ali Khan starrer 'Life Goes On' today bagged the Best Feature Film Award at the first Pravasi Film Festival here.

The movie, tracing the dilemmas of a UK-based Bengali family, was directed by Sangeeta Dutta and paired the mother-daughter duo for the first time in reel life.

According to the feature film jury, comprising names like Rahul Rawail and Basu Chatterjee, 'Life Goes on' received the award for an 'emphatic rendition of characters and situations and heartfelt performances.' Besides, D K Krishna and Raj Nidimoru's 'Shor', a short fiction film, received the Best Short Fiction award.

'Shor' is about two boys who steal the backpack of a sleeping man in a train in India and their reckless attempts to dispose of the bag's contents.

Also, Navdeep Kandola's 'Flying Sikh', a history of Sikh fighter pilots in the first and the second World Wars, won the Best Short Non-Fiction Award.

The festival also honoured veteran actor Saeed Jaffry with the Lifetime Achievement Award.

Jaffry's impressive filmography includes movies like 'Shatranj Ke Khiladi', 'Chashme Baddoor', 'Gandhi' and 'Masoom'.

The four-day PFF, showcasing some of the lesser known works of NRIs and PIOs, concluded today.

Uttarakhand Chief Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal 'Nishank', who was the guest of honour on the closing ceremony, said, ''I congratulate the team for organising this festival and would like to wish them luck for their future endeavours.'' ''I am eagerly looking forward to the next Pravasi Film Festival,'' he added.

Actor Manoj Bajpai and High Commissioner of Mauritius Mukeshwar Chunni were also present on the occasion.

.~*\ .............~**~...~*\../`*~. ~**~-,
    .\.....\,.~*\/.... /\.....\... ..V...../ ...(_)...\
    ..\............ .\.....\/..../. \........ ./\......,.~*
    ....\,.~* ..`.-.,,.-`..\, ,./.....\..,,`.\

Kal Ho Na Ho
    India & Cambodia