YouR De$i RaPPeR
    Spain BCN (Barcelona)

Default Waugh, 4 other Australian legends inducted in ICC Hall of Fame

Follow us on Social Media

Former Australia captain Steve Waugh, along with four other countrymates, were inducted into the ICC's Hall of Fame today.

Ray Lindwall, Keith Miller, Bill O'Reilly, Victor Trumper and Waugh were formally inducted into the ICC Cricket Hall of Fame during the tea interval on the second day of the second Test between Australia and Pakistan at the Sydney Cricket Ground today.

Commemorative caps were presented by ICC Director and Cricket Australia Chairman Jack Clarke to the families of the deceased legends as well as Steve Waugh.

Waugh was then driven around the outfield in an open-top car, accompanied by his three children, to allow the crowd to show its appreciation for the former Australia captain.

The 45-year-old Waugh has score 10,927 Test runs including 32 Test centuries during his prolific career.

He has twice been an ICC Cricket World Cup winner and captained Australia to 41 Test wins from 57 matches, with an outstanding winning percentage of 71.93.

Upon retirement, Waugh had played 168 Tests- more than anyone else in the history of the game.

Waugh said upon receiving his cap,''It's a great honour to be inducted into the ICC Cricket Hall of Fame and see my name alongside such greats of the game.'' ''To be inducted today in front of my home crowd, with my family here is fantastic and never would I have dreamed when I first started playing for Australia would I be named alongside the likes of Don Bradman, Victor Trumper or any of the other players honoured today. It is a special group of players,'' he added.

''I never took for granted playing cricket for Australia and saw it as a privilege to walk out for my country,'' he said.

Joining Waugh in the Hall of Fame today was one of Bradman's 1948 'Invincibles,' Ray Lindwall.

Lindwall bowled with genuine pace, great accuracy and effective late out-swing. He formed one of the most successful new-ball partnerships with fellow inductee Keith Miller.

Bill 'Tiger' O'Reilly was one of the great leg-spinners of all time. He was known to bowl his leg-spinners, googlies and top-spinners at an unusually fast pace.

Bradman regarded him as the finest bowler he saw, while O'Reilly and Grimmett are the most successful wrist-spinning pair in cricket history.

The final inductee today at the SCG was Victor Trumper who was one of the most brilliant batsman of his generation and become the first Australian batsman to score a triple century in England. with 300 not out against Sussex at Hove.

.~*\ .............~**~...~*\../`*~. ~**~-,
    .\.....\,.~*\/.... /\.....\... ..V...../ ...(_)...\
    ..\............ .\.....\/..../. \........ ./\......,.~*
    ....\,.~* ..`.-.,,.-`..\, ,./.....\..,,`.\