Retired Staff
    Lonley Planet

Default Serena Williams Confirms Her Presence At Medibank International In Sydney

Follow us on Social Media

Serena Williams has confirmed her presence at Medibank International 2010 in Sydney. After her US Open outburst now settled by a massive fine and a stern warning, the world number one is gearing up to start her 2010 season in Sydney.

The international authorities on Monday had charged the number one a record 175,000-dollar fine and put on probation for threatening a lineswoman at the US Open.

Serena said,"I really enjoyed my time in Sydney this year and I am really looking forward to being back there in just a few weeks time.”Williams is now free to tune up for an Australian Open title defence later in the month after her return to Sydney, which begins on Jan 10.

The others in the fray at women’s events include Svetlana Kuznetsova, Caroline Wozniacki, Elena Dementieva, Victoria Azarenka and Australian Samantha Stosur. Number 13 Gael Monfils, Lleyton Hewitt, Marcos Baghdatis and Tomas Berdych are also confirmed for the men's draw.