Retired Staff
    Lonley Planet

Default Aisam-Ul-Haq To Continue Partnership With Rohan Bopanna Next Season

Follow us on Social Media

Pakistan's tennis ace Aisam-ul-Haq plans to continue his partnership with Rohan Bopanna of India for next season. The Indo-Pak combo had earned two victories last month in Germany and Finland after the first one early in the year in Thailand.

Aisam speaking about his excellent chemistry with Bopanna on and off the court said,"I have known him for many years and we are good friends and that has helped us have excellent coordination on the court and improve our game.”

"We have good rapport off the court also and we stick to healthy discussions when it comes to our countries. I enjoy playing with Bopanna. Given the level of understanding we have and the success we have achieved together we plan to play more doubles events next year," he told.

Aisam said that he would team up with another player for the year end ATP doubles competition in Austria commencing today as Bopanna is having some injury worries. Aisam said,"Bopanna has had injury problems this year and was already committed at home in December so he will not be playing in Austria.”

Aisam’s most impressive performance this year was the doubles win in Swiss open where he defeated a team which included Roger Federer. Aisam who is ranked 58th in the ATP doubles individual chart said, "The victory over Federer has done a world of good to my confidence. Hopefully I will be further improving my rankings and winning more events next year.”