YouR De$i RaPPeR
    Spain BCN (Barcelona)

Default CWG Test event scrapped after FIH's disapproval

Follow us on Social Media

Sports Authority of Goa (SAG) Exectuive Director V M Prabhudesai today said the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium in Fatorda, will be given for I-League football matches as the the venue has not been allotted any games for the upcoming India-South Africa ODI series.

Desai said the central part of the ground was dug up considerably for preparing a cricket pitch, but work on the pitch has now been stopped and the ground will be ready for football matches within a fortnight.

Goa football Association (GFA) secretary Savio Messias said, ''The I-League match in Goa will be played on January 16 between Churchill Brothers and and Sporting Clube de Goa.

However, it will be difficult to play the match atleast for 20 days from today as the stadium is in a bad shape.'' ''What was the hurry to allow the GCA to start the digging operation when the ODI venues were not finalised,'' he added.

Meanwhile, Goa Cricket Assoication (GCA) president Dayanad Narvekar said, ''The pitch was not ready and the BCCI did not want the Kotla fiasco to repeat, so the matches were not allotted to Goa.''

.~*\ .............~**~...~*\../`*~. ~**~-,
    .\.....\,.~*\/.... /\.....\... ..V...../ ...(_)...\
    ..\............ .\.....\/..../. \........ ./\......,.~*
    ....\,.~* ..`.-.,,.-`..\, ,./.....\..,,`.\