YouR De$i RaPPeR
    Spain BCN (Barcelona)

Default Crowd favourite Moya confident of relaunching career

Follow us on Social Media

Forced into an eight-month break due to injury, former world number one and French Open champion Carlos Moya is all set to make a comeback after an at the 2010 Aircel Chennai Open ATP world Tour tennis championship to be held here from Janury 4 to 10.

A winner of the tournament here in 2004, 2005 and a strong crowd favourite, Moya arrived here yesterday and participated in a workout at the Nungambakkam stadium in a bid to relaunch his career.

He said he felt ''strong'' about his recovery and ability to match wits with his much younger rivals. Moya's downfall more or less started at the Chennai Open in 2008 when he went down rather unexpectedly to India's Somdev Devvarman in the second round and then suffered a host of injuries.

Moya was briefly the world number one in 1999, it may be recalled.

''I missed playing competitive tennis almost for the whole of last year, I'm now rearing to go on to the courts,'' he said.

Looking back on his career, he said his dream was to become a singer though he can't sing.

''It has been great to be a tennis player and I've won the French Open as well as many other titles. Winning the Davis Cup was another high point in my career and I don't think I haven't done anything that I didn't want to do. I'm pretty happy with the way my tennis career has panned out for me and looking back I have no regrets,'' he said.

He added that inspite of not having played for a year due to injuries, he still felt motivated to play and win.

On his plans for 2010, Moya said,''I'll be playing in the Australian Open and then I'll move on to South America. From there I will be going to Miami (Sony Ericsson Open with a singles draw of 96 players). I'll decide my future course after that.''

.~*\ .............~**~...~*\../`*~. ~**~-,
    .\.....\,.~*\/.... /\.....\... ..V...../ ...(_)...\
    ..\............ .\.....\/..../. \........ ./\......,.~*
    ....\,.~* ..`.-.,,.-`..\, ,./.....\..,,`.\