YouR De$i RaPPeR
    Spain BCN (Barcelona)

Default GFA mulls legal action over Fatorda stadium's allottment to GCA

Follow us on Social Media

Annoyed over handing of the Nehru stadium in Fatroda to Goa Cricket Association (GCA) for ODIs, disrupting the schedule of Goa Football Association (GFA), the state I-League clubs are contemplating legal action against GCA and Sports Authority of Goa (SAG).

Addressing a press conference here yesterday, GFA spokesman Tonito Botelho said, ''We are not opposing cricket or any other sports, but are extremely disappointed that the SAG has not honoured its commitment towards football and made available the ground for I-League as promised and instead gone ahead in permitting GCA to conduct its acttivites of preparing the pitch for ODI. The GFA was taken aback two days ago, when it received a letter from the SAG, informing that the government had allotted/ reserved the Nehru stadium for GCA from January 1 to February 21.'' Four professional clubs -- Dempo Sports club, Churchill Brothers, Salgaocar Sports club and Sporting club de Goa have come together against the SAG's decision.

''The central part of Nehru stadium has already been dug up and damage had been done in anticipation that the ODI match will be held in Goa. But none of the four clubs want to play at Vasco Tilak Ground due to the fear of Injury to players and none of the teams want to play their home matches outside Goa. SAG's decision to have the venue allotted to GCA for the ODI is unilateral and whimscal. We may resort to legal course against the decision,'' a GFA spokesman said.

Meanwhile, the date of the ODI has not yet been finalised by BCCI, but GCA officials maintained that Goa will be allotted the ODI in February.

.~*\ .............~**~...~*\../`*~. ~**~-,
    .\.....\,.~*\/.... /\.....\... ..V...../ ...(_)...\
    ..\............ .\.....\/..../. \........ ./\......,.~*
    ....\,.~* ..`.-.,,.-`..\, ,./.....\..,,`.\