YouR De$i RaPPeR
    Spain BCN (Barcelona)

Default Working with mom terrifying: Soha Ali Khan

Follow us on Social Media

Recounting the experience of starring opposite mother Sharmila Tagore, actress Soha Ali Khan said working with her was 'terrifying'.

The actress was interacting with mediapersons on the screening of 'Life Goes On' which opened the first Pravasi Film Festival (PFF) here yesterday.

Set in contemporary London, the movie mirrors real life and stars Sharmila as Soha's mother. It traces the relationship of troubled father Girish Karnad with his three daughters.

On being asked to recount the experience of being Sharmila Tagore's co-star, Soha replied, ''Working with her was a terrifying experience.'' ''She is a formidable woman and knows me so intimately,'' she added.

''But, it went off quite well,'' she said in a light vein.

Soha also shared, ''There have been several offers to pair us together and I was waiting for the right project to come our way.'' Discussing small-budget films, veteran Sharmila Tagore said, ''The forum of film festivals is important because such films are dependant on this kind of a platform, which is huge.'' ''Mainstream Bollywood movies have more entertainment. Small- budget movies are meant for both local and diaspora audiences,'' she believed.

Life Goes On director Sangeeta Dutta said as far as cinema for and of the Indian diaspora is concerned, themes like generational conflict, Islamophobia, memories of Partition are dominant.

''Such themes are rooted in reality and Indians living abroad do grapple with such issues. The past always effects the present,'' the filmmaker stressed.

On pairing the mother-daughter together, Dutta said, ''I know Soha since she worked in Rituparno Ghosh's Antar Mahal and I had already conceptualised Sharmila for the role of the mother. It was a pairing which worked for the characters of my movie.'' The festival has competitive and non-competitive categories for both short and feature films.

It has a special focus on Mauritian film industry and will screen Mauritian movies like Red, Blue, Yellow, Green and Desh Ki Shaan.

The festival will also honour veteran actor Saeed Jaffry with the Lifetime Achievement Award.

PFF-2010 will close on January 6 with the screening of Rohit Kaushik's 'Chehre'

.~*\ .............~**~...~*\../`*~. ~**~-,
    .\.....\,.~*\/.... /\.....\... ..V...../ ...(_)...\
    ..\............ .\.....\/..../. \........ ./\......,.~*
    ....\,.~* ..`.-.,,.-`..\, ,./.....\..,,`.\

Kal Ho Na Ho
    India & Cambodia

Awesome Work Thank You Very Much .....