YouR De$i RaPPeR
    Spain BCN (Barcelona)

Default 'Don't mind getting brief roles': Ayaz Khan

Follow us on Social Media

After the success of 'Jaane Tu...Ya Jaane Na', Ayaz Khan is back with 'Hide and Seek'. The model-turned-actor chats up with India Blooms correspondent Sreya Basu

So, you are set to play 'Hide and Seek'?
    (Laughs) Yeah right! It's an action cum thriller film about six childhood friends who play a game of hide and seek on Christmas night and as they grow up, they find themselves playing the same game unknowingly in a deadly way!

The film has a huge star cast, including Purab Kohli, Arjan Bajwa, Samir Kochchar and former Miss Earth Amruta Patki . Did it have much scope for your character?
    Of course, it has; or else I won't have been a part of it. Each character is playing a distinctive role and Shawn (director Shawn Arranha) made sure that the scope was equal for all of us. All of us worked really hard for this film and I hope all the hard work pays off.

What is your character in this film?
    I play Imran, who is a film star. I had a lot of fun playing this character. Being an actor in real life, I didn't have to 'act' too much to portray a same professional on screen.

Despite being so successful on small screen (Dil Mil Gayye), we mostly find you in brief roles in films. Why?
    I don't mind getting brief roles as long as my characters are important and meaningful in the films I do. As it is, I am in no ready to wait and try my luck. From 'brief roles' in 'Bluff Master' and 'Honeymoon Travels Pvt Ltd' to playing second lead in 'Jaane Tu...'; and now playing one of the protagonists in 'Hide and Seek'...I don't think my filmy journey is that bad! (Smiles)

.~*\ .............~**~...~*\../`*~. ~**~-,
    .\.....\,.~*\/.... /\.....\... ..V...../ ...(_)...\
    ..\............ .\.....\/..../. \........ ./\......,.~*
    ....\,.~* ..`.-.,,.-`..\, ,./.....\..,,`.\