YouR De$i RaPPeR
    Spain BCN (Barcelona)

Default Anupam Kher to stage 200th show of his play

Follow us on Social Media

Actor Anupam Kher has announced the 200th performance of his much travelled play 'Kuchh Bhi Ho Sakta Hai' to be staged Jan 3 here.

The play will be staged at NCPA here Mumbai, said Anupam at a press conference Monday.

Also present on the occasion was the director of this play, famous theatre and film director, Feroz Abbas Khan.

According to Anupam, the one-man play, sometimes sad, sometimes comic, often inspirational, is a sketch of his own life.

"It is the journey of a man who should have been a failure; but he manipulated his destiny and forced it to make him a success," Anupam said.

Anupam Kher, has acted in almost 400 feature films and has won several national and international awards for his endeavours.

And in recent years, Anupam has been in the limelight for his roles in global productions with internationally renowned directors such as Gurinder Chaddha, Ang Lee and Woody Allen.

Yet he holds 'Kuchh Bhi Ho Sakta Hai' dear to his persona.

"All of us are in search of success and so, we are terrified of failing. Kuchh Bhi Ho Sakta Hai liberated me from the fear of failure. It also made me connect with people and taught me that failures can be stepping stones to success," said Kher.

Though brilliantly crafted and acted, the resounding success of 'Kuchh Bhi Ho Sakta Hai' has been rather unexpected as plays have a shorter run.

Director Feroz Abbas Khan said, "At best I thought we would do about 50 shows but 200 has been a pleasant surprise...Anupam and I took a journey to redefine the theatre experience and in the process we also re-invented ourselves as Actor and Director. I have not met anyone who hasn't been blown over by Anupam's performance and been greatly inspired by this play."

For a play, Kuchh Bhi Ho Sakta Hai has drawn unstinted praise from the media and Bollywood celebrities.

"Unbelievable," said Amitabh Bachchan, "Absolutely fabulous," said Anil Kapoor, "Wonderful," quipped Yash Chopra, "Very refreshing and very moving," was Dilip Kumar's comment, "One of the best pieces of theatre I have ever seen," was Boman Irani's reaction and Pritish Nandy concurred by saying, "One of the finest bits of theatre I have seen in a long time."

In the last decade, Anupam's endeavours have gone beyond entertainment.

He has set up his acting school 'Actor Prepares' to groom fresh talent for the industry and he has also established 'Anupam Kher Foundation' ,which has programmes for less-privileged children in education and palliative care.

.~*\ .............~**~...~*\../`*~. ~**~-,
    .\.....\,.~*\/.... /\.....\... ..V...../ ...(_)...\
    ..\............ .\.....\/..../. \........ ./\......,.~*
    ....\,.~* ..`.-.,,.-`..\, ,./.....\..,,`.\