YouR De$i RaPPeR
    Spain BCN (Barcelona)

Default After 'Deha', Manjrekar wields director's baton for City of Gold

Follow us on Social Media

New Delhi, Dec 20 : After a two year hiatus, critically acclaimed filmmaker Mahesh Manjrekar returns to direction with a crime thriller 'City of Gold'.

The year ahead will witness the return of Mahesh Manjrekar as a director with 'City of Gold', an "edge-of-the seat" thrilling account of the birth of the true underbelly and organised crime in Mumbai.

Ripping apart the façade of the swanky malls and glittering multiplexes that dot the landscape of Central Mumbai, 'City Of Gold', being produced under the aegis of Dar Media, takes the viewer through a heart-wrenching and violent journey of the trials and tribulations of those who had to sacrifice their all so that these monuments to consumerism could be built - The thousands of mill workers of the area.

Mahesh, who is directing 'City of Gold' after a two year sabbatical from directing since his last venture 'Deha', says that he has finally found a script that had he could connect to and that got his creative juices flowing all over again.

'With ‘City of Gold’, I have finally found a subject that has got my creative juices flowing all over again. Only once in a blue moon you get such a compelling script and that too based on real life incidents. It was such a great concept that I got back to direction without any delay,'Manjrekar said.

The hard-hitting movie doesn't just tell the story of these millworkers whose lives were changed forever as more and more mills closed down.

It actually features some of their family members in their very first on screen appearances ever.

'The authenticity of the performances of these kin of mill owners has supposedly challenged even such fine exponents of the craft of acting such as Seema Biswas and Satish Kaushik who appear in the movie alongside them,'Manjrekar said.

'City of Gold' is also the first film produced by DAR Media, the content division of investment advisory and private equity firm, DAR Capital Group.

DAR was recently in the news for bagging the global theatrical and public venue rights for the Indian Premier League (IPL) for a period of 10 years.

'City of Gold', which is also being line Produced by Satyashwami Films, is the first in a series of 11 planned ventures that DAR Media plans to undertake between 2010-2012, including at least two additional films with Mahesh Majrekar.

.~*\ .............~**~...~*\../`*~. ~**~-,
    .\.....\¸,.~*\/.... /\.....\... ..V...../ ...(_)...\
    ..\............ .\.....\/..../. \........ ./\......¸,.~*
    ....\¸,.~*´ ¨..`.-.,¸¸,.-`..\,¸ ¸,./.....\..,¸¸,`.\