YouR De$i RaPPeR
    Spain BCN (Barcelona)

Default Sania to combine with Pascual in Australian Open

Follow us on Social Media

Sania Mirza is looking to repeat her this year's Australian Open triumph, but this time in doubles, as the Indian tennis ace will pair up with former world number one Virginia Ruano Pascual of Spain for the Grand Slam event next month.

Following her reasonable success in doubles events after teaming up with Francesca Schiavone and Chia Jung Chuang this season, Sania is all set to team up with Pascual, who has 11 Grand Slams - 10 in doubles - in her kitty.

''I will be playing with Virginia Ruano Pascual in the Australian Open and if we do well, we'll continue to play together,'' the world number 58 said.

It was in January this year, when Sania teamed up with Mahesh Bhupathi to win the Australian Open mixed doubles title, and the 23-year-old believes that the past season has been extremely bright for her which also saw her finishing inside the top 100 for the fifth successive year.

''For Indian tennis, it was an extremely good year. Mahesh and I won the Australian Open mixed doubles title while Leander won two Grand Slams in doubles. Yuki Bhambri won a junior Grand Slam and we also reached the World Group in Davis Cup after several years.

''Personally, I am happy with the way things have gone for me despite some injury issues. I won my maiden Grand Slam title and finished in the top 100 for the fifth consecutive year,'' the Hyderabadi lass told MobileESPN.

Sania further reminisced that beating Marion Bartoli in Osaka was her most memorable match this season.

''Beating world number 12 Marion Bartoli in Osaka in singles and winning Australian Open title in mixed doubles were memorable for me,'' she added.

.~*\ .............~**~...~*\../`*~. ~**~-,
    .\.....\,.~*\/.... /\.....\... ..V...../ ...(_)...\
    ..\............ .\.....\/..../. \........ ./\......,.~*
    ....\,.~* ..`.-.,,.-`..\, ,./.....\..,,`.\