YouR De$i RaPPeR
    Spain BCN (Barcelona)

Default Shimit Amin became director by accident

Follow us on Social Media

Anil A Kanojia, December 10, 2009: Shimit Amin of 'Chak De! India' fame is one of the most sought after directors of B-Town today, but it would come as a surprise to many that Bollywood was not on his plans, initially.

Shimit was working primarily on independent films in Los Angeles when he received an editing position on the Hindi film, 'Bhoot' through a friend while still living in L.A.

Narrating his experience, Shimit Amin says, 'I would call it (Bollywood) an accident, because when I was working on the edit for Ram Gopal Varma's 'Bhoot', RGV offered me to direct 'Ab Tak Chhappan'. I think he liked my work, otherwise, no one would offer such a humongous responsibility without merit. So, I took it as a challenge and made the film, and now I'm here...'

Up till now, Shimit Amin had a golden run, as all his films were much appreciated critically and on box-office as well. His latest film 'Rocket Singh-Salesman of the year', which features the current sensation of Bollywood Ranbir Kapoor is slated to release this week on 11th December.

.~*\ .............~**~...~*\../`*~. ~**~-,
    .\.....\,.~*\/.... /\.....\... ..V...../ ...(_)...\
    ..\............ .\.....\/..../. \........ ./\......,.~*
    ....\,.~* ..`.-.,,.-`..\, ,./.....\..,,`.\