Default ‘It was never a mistake to go out with Kangana’ -Adhyayan

Follow us on Social Media

Newcomer Adhyayan Suman talks about why he decided to put his personal life on hold for the sake of his career

ANAND MAHENDROO, DIRECTOR of the 90s Indian sitcom Dekh Bhai Dekh, has decided to revive the iconic comedy series for a Bollywood film plot. The movie will pick up almost twenty years from where the series left off.

Shekhar Suman will be reprising his role as the family’s younger son, while the role of his son – now an army officer – will be played by none other than Adhyayan Suman.

“I’m quite excited for this one,” the younger Suman told City Times when we caught up with him at the Atlantis during his four-day stay in Dubai.

“It’s definitely going to be a lot of fun working on it. Dekh Bhai Dekh was a cult show that completely changed the face of Indian Television in the 90s. When Anand Mahendroo conducted a survey, 90 per cent of the people he talked to recalled it instantly. It’s rather intelligent of him to capitalise on it right now.”

Incidentally, this film will also mark the first time that Adhyayan Suman will get the opportunity to work with his father.

Shooting for the film is scheduled to begin in December and according to Suman it will release sometime during the third quarter of next year.

Prior to Dekh Bhai Dekh, Suman will have two other films releasing in 2010. Unfortunately he is unable to tell us anything about either of these since nothing has been finalised.

“I have four other films that I will be working on – a drama, a comedy, a romance and an action film. I have made a conscious effort to keep my roles and work completely versatile so that I do not suffer from typecasting,” continued the 21-year-old actor.

Suman continued to claim that this was one of the reasons why he made his Bollywood debut last year with Raaz – The Mystery Continues, a horror film with his former girlfriend Kangana Ranaut and Bhatt camp favourite Emran Hashmi.

However, his reasons for working on Jashn, his second flick, were a tad simpler — “It was a solo lead script, the role had a lot of scope since it was a very real film that explored the scenes behind closed doors and there was some wonderful music in it.”

Right around the time of Jashn’s release, Suman also split up with Ranaut. Rumour has it that this was mainly because his family did not approve of her.

“It was never a mistake to go out with Kangana,” divulges the actor. “But I was just starting out and needed to completely concentrate on my career rather than focus on a relationship. It would be stupid of me to try and balance both right now. I’m quite satisfied being single and am happy that there’s nothing to distract me.”

Short takes:

Who is you favourite actor?

After my dad it would be Aamir Khan. He picks his films very wisely.

And your favourite actress?

Kareena Kapoor. I also like Priyanka Chopra and Katrina Kaif quite a bit.

What’s your dream role?

Aamir Khan’s role in Lagaan. You really felt for his character and he had such spirit.

Kal Ho Na Ho
    India & Cambodia

Thank You Very Much Dear For Sharing With Us,