dR www.desirulez.net

Default WWE Announces Kevin Steen's Signing

Follow us on Social Media

WWE has announced that indie star Kevin Steen has been signed to NXT. He did a Q&A with WWE's website. Below are a few highlights:

WWE.COM: Fans who know you love you, but many WWE fans might not be familiar with you. How would you describe your style?

STEEN: I think Iím pretty apt at every style. I can do highflying and that kind of surprises people, considering my size. I can do technical wrestling as well. I guess my specialty would be brawling, but Iíve been known to dip into whatever I need throughout my career, so I think Iím pretty versatile.

WWE.COM: Youíve probably been on the WWE radar for some time. What do you think ultimately led to your signing?

STEEN: William Regal came to a wrestling show I was taking part in in California almost a year ago exactly, I believe it was Aug. 31 of last year, and it was for PWG, Pro Wrestling Guerrilla. The match I had that night, I think did a lot. I had never met William Regal before; I didnít know him at all. I had great respect for him already; heís actually been one of my favorite wrestlers for quite some time. To have him watch my match and take the time to tell me what he thought and give me advice was already great, but then a couple days later, I was contacted to see if I wanted to be part of a tryout camp. Just to have somebody like William Regal have enough esteem for me to go as far as to actually recommend me for a tryout meant a lot. Then I went to the tryout camp and I got through it, and what made me stand out were the promos, where we basically had to sell ourselves verbally. Thatís always been one of my strong suits ó the way I talk and what I say. I make it count, and I think that went pretty far in getting me to where I am now.

Steen also noted that he will begin training at the WWE Performance Center on August 25th. He was visiting and touring the facility last week.

dR Wrestlers www.desirulez.net

Let's hope WWE don't ruin this opportunity

What? But he said he was going to Mexico to help El Generico raise orphans!
    The Prince Is Here...

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Law View Post
    Let's hope WWE don't ruin this opportunity
    Yes, I'm so scared about this...

Hot Member www.desirulez.net

Should I watch him on youtube to know about all the fuzz and buzz or just wait and see what WWE does with him?

Quote Originally Posted by lovelywaz View Post
    Should I watch him on youtube to know about all the fuzz and buzz or just wait and see what WWE does with him?
    If you do, the work in WWE might disappoint, IMO his best style would not work with PG WWE

If you do, the work in WWE might disappoint, IMO his best style would not work with PG WWE
    Are we still complaining about 'WWE style' holding guys back, when guys like Sami Zayn, Cesaro and Daniel Bryan are just as good if not better than they ever were on the indies?
    The Prince Is Here...

Quote Originally Posted by Harbinger View Post
    Are we still complaining about 'WWE style' holding guys back, when guys like Sami Zayn, Cesaro and Daniel Bryan are just as good if not better than they ever were on the indies?
    Of course, we all have our opinions, let's face it, Steen will be a much bigger challenge than those you mentioned due to his style

I have every confidence he will do well, it's just a shame we wont see the potential, kinda knew you'd be jumping on my comment lol

Of course, we all have our opinions, let's face it, Steen will be a much bigger challenge than those you mentioned due to his style

I have every confidence he will do well, it's just a shame we wont see the potential, kinda knew you'd be jumping on my comment lol
    What can I say, replying to people to tell them I agree with them is no fun.
    The Prince Is Here...

Hot Member www.desirulez.net

Cool, I will avoid watching any of his previous work and see what WWE does with him. Thanks!