Thread: WWE Tasteless

Default WWE Tasteless

Follow us on Social Media

We know that WWE has a reputation of being tasteless, and sunday night at Battleground they took things way too far.
    My country Holland and the rest of the world is still trying to recover from the MH17 attack/accident, and WWE still had Lana refer to Putin and the situation in Ukraine. Extremely tasteless to me, as they had Lana simply playing that Russian witch, while not showing any sensitivity over the situation.
    Maybe it's just me, because I know people who died there, because the world lost 300 innocent people and our country lost (so far known) 193 innocent people, but I think this is just extremely tasteless.

Junior Moderator www.desirulez.net

It's the same thing like they did back then when there was war in Irak and Sgt. Slaughter turned on America and praised the Irak. I got to agree with you, this is a way to get a lot of heat, but there's also a line where it's enough. And I agree that they crossed this line tonight!

Super Moderators www.desirulez.net

Yeah its pretty tasteless. I hated the storyline from the beginning
    Do you know Richard Cheese?

Junior Moderator

WWE announced that the statement Lana made had nothing to do with the plane crash.

Quote Originally Posted by DZSharma View Post
    WWE announced that the statement Lana made had nothing to do with the plane crash.
    of course they did. What else should they have done? But its so obvious that they meant the plane crash

dR www.desirulez.net

Quote Originally Posted by DZSharma View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by EidenAnderson View Post
    of course they did. What else should they have done? But its so obvious that they meant the plane crash
    Seems like that one small sentence had embarrassed them so much they had to lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Centurion View Post
    Seems like that one small sentence had embarrassed them so much they had to lie.
    A small sentence can has a lot power.

dR Force!!! www.desirulez.net

That sucks so does Rusev storyline he will just end up like Ryback involving a sad event like Mh17 in storyline for sake of business is not cool at all.

It's Clobberin Time

dR Rockers www.desirulez.net

Quote Originally Posted by TJ the [email protected] View Post
    We know that WWE has a reputation of being tasteless, and sunday night at Battleground they took things way too far.
    My country Holland and the rest of the world is still trying to recover from the MH17 attack/accident, and WWE still had Lana refer to Putin and the situation in Ukraine. Extremely tasteless to me, as they had Lana simply playing that Russian witch, while not showing any sensitivity over the situation.
    Maybe it's just me, because I know people who died there, because the world lost 300 innocent people and our country lost (so far known) 193 innocent people, but I think this is just extremely tasteless.
    Well first of all i think it is not proven, that Russia had anything to do with the MH17 accident.
    Second Rusev is Bulgarian (nothing to do with Russia ?!)
    Third point is WWE is just once again manipulating their whole "universe".

In case you did not notice, THIS IS PROPAGANDA !
    But w/e extremly tasteless like it was already said.

This is sport / entertainment and politics should stay out of the ring.

Quote Originally Posted by atze1990 View Post
    Well first of all i think it is not proven, that Russia had anything to do with the MH17 accident.
    Second Rusev is Bulgarian (nothing to do with Russia ?!)
    Third point is WWE is just once again manipulating their whole "universe".

In case you did not notice, THIS IS PROPAGANDA !
    But w/e extremly tasteless like it was already said.

This is sport / entertainment and politics should stay out of the ring.
    Uhm, all you say there is true, but I think it's pretty hard to not be offended or take premature conclusion, when your community has been shook, and you know people who died in that accident.
    So yeah, nuances are gone when national trauma turns into national anger.

dR Rockers www.desirulez.net

Well since it got kinda quiet around this topic in public media, here a pretty nice interview with Marie Harf:
    http://www.state.gov/r/pa/prs/dpb/20...81.htm#UKRAINE
    If you dont know who Marie Harf is:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marie_Harf
    I do not want to be the judge in this case. But more and more controversy is coming up. People from a lot of states have been murdered. (Germans too)
    I just do not want to believe everything the mainstream media is telling me to believe.

But back to the topic ...
    Now WWE is pushing Swagger again with this "We the people" crap and the people start to believe in the crap they are selling and are really chanting "We the people". Just sad.
    I know there were previous "We the people" chants but i think they were more likely a credit for the awesome performance Cesaro did back in that times.
    Now they chant it because they believe in it. They believe in the USA. They believe Russia is the big bad wolf.
    Just sad once again