dR www.desirulez.net

Default WWE Makes a Play for CM Punk to Return – What Happened?

Follow us on Social Media

WWE reportedly made a last minute pitch to CM Punk for a possible return at the Payback pay-per-view in Chicago earlier this month but obviously it didn’t work out.

Punk continues to insist that he is retired and is drawing a lot of comparisons within WWE to Shawn Michaels, who took off several years in his prime before returning. A lot of people within WWE have been making this comparison for a while, noting that both have a “take my ball and go home” mentality.

It’s said that due to injuries and roster depth, Punk has more leverage than ever with WWE and the company would pretty much give him what he wants but he is not budging.

Punk will officially be a free agent next month when his contract expires.

Junior Moderator

WWE is so damn desperate.

dR Wrestlers www.desirulez.net

Quote Originally Posted by DZSharma View Post
    I think desperation doesn't lie with WWE but the fans of punk who are so desperate for a return that they continue with desperate articles all over the web making up whatever they want to.

I'm pretty sure WWE was done with Punk the moment he didn't go back on their first re-invite, anything else is just hear-say.

I'll be happy when I stop hearing more rumours on who took who's ball or who is extending who's contract, it's all a load of tosh.

Hot Member www.desirulez.net

Quote Originally Posted by DZSharma View Post
    Yes they are but its their own (Vince's?) fault. They did not create and developed main event superstars

New Arrivals

Quote Originally Posted by lovelywaz View Post
    Yes they are but its their own (Vince's?) fault. They did not create and developed main event superstars
    It is very true ... Punk was already an Indie 'STAR' in his own right when he entered the developmental system. Like so many of the "NEW" developmental talent they have at the moment in NXT (lets hope at least some are able to break out like Punk did). And being on WWE TV brought him to a wider audience, which is the whole reason why a wrestler would want to be in WWE, at least imho.

We dont know the whole story, and we probably won't. Until they make a DVD about it and tell the 'TRUE ' story. It is a shame that it didnt go further and it ended the way it did. But i believe its legitimately over so let it be and move on WWE .... i'm sure Punk has and will ....

Yeah, WWE didn't create new main event talent like Cesaro, the Shield, Bray Wyatt and Daniel Bryan. None of those guys are big deals, no siree.

Quote Originally Posted by Harbinger View Post
    Yeah, WWE didn't create new main event talent like Cesaro, the Shield, Bray Wyatt and Daniel Bryan. None of those guys are big deals, no siree.
    Just have a look at new "leaked" Summerslam poster and "try" to find any ONE of those you just mentioned.

In the case of Bryan, I understand his injury sidelined him but still since he won at Mania, he's been booked like a chump not champ

Because you aren't a big deal if you aren't on some leaked poster for one event.

Quote Originally Posted by harbinger View Post
    because you aren't a big deal if you aren't on some leaked poster for one event.