Default What if...:NXT was an independent promotion

Follow us on Social Media

The atmosphere, the fans, the product... NXT is WWE's developmental system, but it looks like it's a total different promotion...
    Their popularity can be argued: some say that they are popular because it's WWE's best product and their future. Others think it's because they're just a great promotion/system with a great product.

If NXT was allowed to keep their current roster, with their product and homebase, would they be a relevant indie promotion if they would be seperated from WWE now?

Hot Member www.desirulez.net

The key note here is "WWE Devoplement System". Its funded by WWE and thats why you see a much higher level of production value than any other indy promotion.

If they get separated from WWE then they won't be the same unless they get picked up by some big sponsors.

Quote Originally Posted by lovelywaz View Post
    The key note here is "WWE Devoplement System". Its funded by WWE and thats why you see a much higher level of production value than any other indy promotion.

If they get separated from WWE then they won't be the same unless they get picked up by some big sponsors.
    I wasn't talking about business, everybody who knows wrestling understands the thing you pointed out. I was talking about their roster and the product.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ the [email protected] View Post
    I wasn't talking about business, everybody who knows wrestling understands the thing you pointed out. I was talking about their roster and the product.
    And then you mentioned "if they would be seperated from WWE now", they are what they are now because of WWE and once the link is broken all you have to do is look for the last indy promotion that WWE used as their development center. I don't even remember their name.

Quote Originally Posted by lovelywaz View Post
    And then you mentioned "if they would be seperated from WWE now", they are what they are now because of WWE and once the link is broken all you have to do is look for the last indy promotion that WWE used as their development center. I don't even remember their name.
    Heartland Wrestling Association
    Ohio Valley Wrestling
    USWA
    Just to name three...

dR Force!!! www.desirulez.net

Nothing is impossible if you have a good lead to follow so i will say a "Big Yes" depending on who would own(lead) Nxt.

It's Clobberin Time

New Arrivals

Default asd

they might be now because they would still be known as WWE's former development. Talent doesn't necessarily bring fans so if they were never affiliated with WWE I would have to say no they would be just another another random indie promotion

Quote Originally Posted by TJ the [email protected] View Post
    Heartland Wrestling Association
    Ohio Valley Wrestling
    USWA
    Just to name three...
    I just knew about OVW and I don't even remember when last time I read any news about them. I remember TNA had some sort of agreement with them after WWE left but don't know for how long