Retired Staff

Default Urvashi’s Chai Garam with Govinda!

Follow us on Social Media

Urvashi Sharma is upbeat after her performance in Baabarr

You made a grand debut with Tip Film’s ‘Naqaab’ which got you rave reviews, but what after that?
    I had a contract with Tips. In Bollywood, there is a misconception that an actress under a contract with a banner can’t do outside projects. So I waited for a full year and nothing happened. I didn’t want to sign each and every movie which was offered to me. ‘Naqaab’ was a good movie and I wanted to do selected movies. The roles offered to me were similar. And then ‘Fear Factor’ happened. Askhay Kumar was hosting it so it was interesting. Also, the production told me that it’s going to be promoted differently. So I accepted. Through ‘Fear Factor’ I got ‘Baabarr’.

They were looking for someone who can look good without make-up. As you know, in ‘Fear Factor’ we had no make-up, hair and all. They liked my look and offered me ‘Baabarr’. You can say, ‘Fear Factor’ gave my career a twist and a boost.

Why an action-packed movie like ‘Baabarr’?
    The role of Jia, who I play in ‘Baabarr’, is an important one. When I heard the script, I knew that Jia is not there just to add the glamour quotient. The way the entire movie is shot is extraordinary.

What’s lined up after ‘Baabarr’?
    I am doing ‘Chaai Garam’ with Govinda and Suniel Shetty, an untitled movie with Priyadarshan with Akshay Khanna and Ajay Devgan. Also, the talks are one for an English movie ‘Bounty Hunter’. So now you can see me on the big screen more.

On what criteria you select a role?
    The length of the role doesn’t matter to me. The importance of the role in the movie is what matters most. I am not concerned with whom I am paired or the banner. The role should be challenging. In ‘Baabarr’, though Jia is a delicate, simple girl, she is the force which can control Baabarr. So now you can understand the importance of the role.

Are you happy with Baabarr’s box office performance?
    It has fulfilled our expectations. Word of mouth publicity is drawing crowds to the theatres. Some of my gay friends even told me that they liked my item songs. It’s very difficult to get a compliment from them. I am happy to hear it. I have made a right choice by selecting ‘Baabarr’.

‘Khataron Ke Khiladi 2’ is on air. Have you seen it? Any advice for the contestants?
    Unfortunately, I was busy with the promotion of ‘Baabarr’ so couldn’t watch much. But it looks more exciting. The only advice I would like to give is, keep your eyes, ears and mind open. Your mental strength is more important than your physical strength.

Kal Ho Na Ho
    India & Cambodia

Thank You Very Much