Retired Staff

Arrow 'Blue' isn't just a film for me: Akshay

Follow us on Social Media

Q. Shah Rukh Khan on the sets of 'Blue'. Why?

I thought this whole media briefing was about my film 'Blue' and not me and Shah Rukh Khan. We visit each other every time. It's not the first time he is meeting me. It's the first time media is seeing both of us meet after a long time but we do meet often.

Q. How easy was it to be dancing on the trampoline and doing your own stunts?

I thought I was an actor. That's fine if you call me a stuntman. I take it as a compliment. To be a stuntman, you need to be highly qualified. This title track that we are shooting for a promotional video requires a certain kind of dance. It required me to jump high and it couldn't have been possible without a trampoline.

Q. How good a dancer are you Akshay?

I think dancing is more like aerobics. I don't consider myself a trained dancer.

Q. Isn't a film like 'Blue', a big risk?

'Blue' isn't just a film for me, it's an adventure, fun and a frolic ride. I've done so many films that I have forgotten the memorable shots I've shot for those films. 'Blue' is the only film where I can count my shots. Just imagine wearing your fins, cylinder, your boxing gloves in the ring and then jumping inside the deep sea, knowing that there are thirty-forty sharks ready to greet you, not eat you, there. There were times when my director would say to remove my cylinder and diving glasses only to get myself prepared for a fight shot doing martial arts. I hope people understand the thrill of risking your life a little bit while you're on the edge.

Q. Did you also do different types of training on the sets?

Yes. My producer had sent me to Kosamui to be a certified diver. I had to undergo fifteen days of rigorous training. I had to learn it because I was filming with a Hollywood professional Pete, who is a cameraman for films like 'Pirates of the Caribbean'. Such professionals demand actors to push their boundaries and be swimmers we should be for such films.

Q. We hear that you're doing a romantic film with Anushka Sharma.

Yes, there is romance but it's not a romantic film. I would call it an emotional film.

Kal Ho Na Ho
    India & Cambodia

Thank You Very Much