Kal Ho Na Ho
    India & Cambodia

Default Moscow Calling Madhur!

Follow us on Social Media

Madhur Bhandarkar is all set for his trip to

Hell be going there for the second Indian film festival that starts on September 14, and will continue in two other cities. Madhurs been invited to take part in the inauguration ceremonies with the Minister of Culture of the Russian Federation, and in two other cities with the Governor of Nizhny Novgorod and the Ministry of Culture of Chuvashiya.

His movies will be screened there as part of a retrospective and he will also be bestowed the Best Director Award for outstanding contribution to Indian cinema. Incidentally, he was in Moscow a few months ago and hes thrilled about going back there. I love the place and Im glad Im getting an opportunity to go there again. Indian cinema is well appreciated there, he says. He recounts how during his last visit he was sitting in a car and the driver, a localite, started singing the song Jimmy Jimmy Aaja Aaja. Thats when I realised that Mithun Chakraborty is very popular there, says Madhur. Meanwhile, the filmmaker is tired of answering what hes going to make next? Let Jail release first. After that Ill sit down and decide what my next film is going to be, he says.