dR www.desirulez.net

Default Chris Jericho Reveals Why He's Not Working WrestleMania

Follow us on Social Media

Chris Jericho recently spoke with The Boston Herald. Jericho says WWE did reach out to him to work the show but he turned it down. Below are some highlights:

His WrestleMania XXX status:
    Im not a part of it and I wont be a part of it, and it was my choice to sit out this year.

What it will take for him to return:
    If Im going to be at WrestleMania, its going to be in a position that I can sink my teeth into, a position that I think is significant enough for somebody of Y2Js experience level and notoriety. Looking at the card this year and you see everybody who came back Brock Lesnar and Undertaker are back, Triple H is back, Batista is back, and its the ascension of Daniel Bryan how many spots are there available for Jericho at this point in time? Even though the shadow of WrestleMania was looming, just to be there is not a reason enough for me to go back. On the last four WrestleManias before last year, I had one of the main events or one of the most prominent matches on the show. Unless Im going to get that position again, and Im not saying Im entitled to it, but if its not going to go that way, then its just better for me to stay away.

Criticism over his most recent return:
    Its not a choice that I make. I do what my boss tells me to do. So people who said, Well, Jericho just came back to lose to all the young guys, well, I really didnt. I lost a couple prominent matches on pay per view, and suddenly everyone is saying, Well, Jericho is just putting over the young guys. Thats not the case. That was never the case. I beat Daniel Bryan last year, no one talks about that. To me, whatever the boss wants, Ill do it. I know Im going to make it good, Im going to make it great, people are still going to like it. But when I felt when Im getting too much in a rut, when they say, Jericho is here, so he can just put over this guy, this guy, and this guy, I was not going to do that. So I went away for a while and well see what happens. Last year, working with Fandango wasnt my first choice. I wasnt happy about it at all at first. But either I do it, or I dont go to WrestleMania. Once Vince makes up his mind, youre doing it. So I have two choices go home, or I can make this the best I possibly can and try to get this kid over that no ones ever seen before.

Who he would have liked to face this year:
    As a heel Chris Jericho, Id love to work with Daniel Bryan. We could tear the damn house. That could still happen. A lot of times Ill hear I could never be a heel again because people like me too much, but put me in the ring with a babyface that is as over as Daniel Bryan and Ill show you some heel stuff that nobody there is doing right now because no one knows to do it. I requested to work with Cesaro, and we had a 30-minute match in Tokyo last year and killed it. And last year I did one show with NXT and requested to work with Bray Wyatt, and we had a great match. So those are the three guys that Id like to work with.

It's unfortunate that our dear Y2J feels that way. Other than that I think he would have an amazing feud with The Beard.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike&TazzatBoundForGlory12 View Post
    Crowd: 'WE WANT HEAD! WE WANT HEAD!'

Mike: What do you think of the chants? Seems like everybody here in Phoenix wants head.

Tazz: Well, it's a horny crowd.

Mike: What...?

dR Wrestlers www.desirulez.net

Y2J is really a star , they could even replace Punk with him at that time in the story line , couse he fits , he actually fits in any type of big thing WWE is up to do couse he's the star that he is , but all they think is "noone is bigger than WWE" , so most of the biggest stars will always go away from WWE , and that's sad .

Junior Moderator

I really wouldn't have cared if Y2J returned. It gets annoying when he leaves, and returns.

Landed To DesiRulez www.desirulez.net

Quote Originally Posted by DZSharma View Post
    I really wouldn't have cared if Y2J returned. It gets annoying when he leaves, and returns.
    Agreed and I have been a Monday Night Jericholic from way back when (ECW, Japan and WCW days).

If he does make a surprise appearance it could be as one of the 30 men in the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal or he could just show up with all the pyro, glits and glamour with his big ole intro, wear his fancy light up vest, pose, get the crowd all excited for 20 minutes, get on a mic, pause a few times to get some Y2J or Welcome Back chants going, pause again... about to speak and stop... oh wait, that happened already right?

he dont like WWE no more... i guess he is just a rockstar now

Quote Originally Posted by RockyBalboa View Post
    he dont like WWE no more... i guess he is just a rockstar now
    He'll be back eventually. You all know it.

Don't really care for his band or his music... are they really taking off cuz I haven't heard any song hit the Billboard Top of the music charts... like ever.