Kal Ho Na Ho
    India & Cambodia

Default Kareena Kapoor to go global with her fashion

Follow us on Social Media

Kareena Kapoor

Kareena Kapoor is all set to tie up with an international fashion house to launch her personal clothing line.She will be the first Bollywood celebrity to go for a global alliance.While the fashion house in question is yet to be finalised, the buzz is that Bebo’s (as she is called) brand managers will most likely strike a deal with one out of five big international brands – Giorgio Armani, Donatella Versace, Jean Paul Gaultier, Roberto Cavalli and Christian Lacroix.”Yes, we are working on a special venture with an international label. But it’s not possible to reveal more details yet,” says Poonam of Matrix, Kareena’s endorsement manager.”The project could take some time to materialise.” Kareena is the latest in line of Bollywood actresses with designer dreams.Last year, Katrina Kaif revealed her plans to tie up with Indian designer Rocky S., while Bipasha Basu wants to take up designing on her own.To get her plans going, Kareena will soon fly off to Paris and Los Angeles.

The actress is expected to finalise a brand after wrapping up a schedule of her new film, the Karan Johar-produced remake of the Hollywood flick Stepmom. Kareena, who has always been a fashion icon for the youth, played a style diva in her last release, Kambakkht Ishq, where she made news with her ultra glamorous look, donning high-end labels such as Chanel, Prada, Dolce & Gabbana, Just Cavalli and Valentino. “I’m looked at as a fashion statement. It’s very tiring, but flattering.And I do need to be chic all the time. But my being a fashion icon also depends on my attitude and mood of the moment,” she recently said. Reports suggest that Kareena’s agents want to rope in a brand that doesn’t have any presence in India yet. The creations from the selected brand will reportedly be marketed in India as her exclusive line and may be titled ‘Kareena’.

Actresses apart, a few of Bollywood’s men have also been chasing designer dreams. John Abraham was the first actor to come out with his own denim line – John Abraham by Wrangler.Model-actor Milind Soman too has been working with designer Madhu Jain to revive handicraft creations of Kashmir. A couple of years ago, Hrithik Roshan worked closely with ITC to give his ideas for a line by John Players. Some time back, reports were rife that Fardeen Khan was gearing up to launch an exclusive clothing line. Item girl Malaika Arora Khan has also expressed her desire in the past to bring out a personal clothing line that will be an “extension of my identity”. In the global arena, Jennifer Lopez, Sarah Jessica Parker, Jessica Simpson, Milla Jovovich, Pamela Anderson, Elle Macpherson, Victoria Beckham and Gwen Stefani have their signature fashion lines.

Retired Staff

Thanks for sharing