Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. #1
    Coolbie www.desirulez.net
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Wijk bij Duurstede, The Netherlands
    Posts
    1,909

    Default 4 ROH stars to WWE?

    Follow us on Social Media





    Ring of Honor stars Roderick Strong and Kevin Steen are considered pretty likely candidates for the next WWE NXT tryout camp at the WWE Performance Center in Orlando. Apparently, Strong and Steen are confirmed to take part in the next WWE tryout, which takes place from March 24th through March 26th.

    Independent wrestling star Michael Elgin was also reportedly trying to get into the next tryout camp, but there is no definitive word yet as to whether or not he will be a part of it.

    UPDATE: In addition to Kevin Steen, Roderick Strong and possibly Michael Elgin, Ring Of Honor wrestler ACH (aka Albert Harle Jr.) will be taking part in the next WWE tryout camp at the WWE Performance Center.


    I am the best in the world at what i do.

  2. #2
    dR Wrestlers www.desirulez.net
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,398

    Default

    Some of those guys are simply deserving better than NXT, but I guess in the WWE route it's the only way, no real main show surprise debuts anymore if you watch NXT...

  3. #3
    Coolbie www.desirulez.net
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Wijk bij Duurstede, The Netherlands
    Posts
    1,909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Neil Law View Post
    Some of those guys are simply deserving better than NXT, but I guess in the WWE route it's the only way, no real main show surprise debuts anymore if you watch NXT...
    At this point everyone accept previous stars will have to go through NXT. I also agree that those guys deserve more but if this is the way it`s gotta be i`m ok with it. Anyway, those guys can make it in the WWE however they need to do it.


    I am the best in the world at what i do.

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Neil Law View Post
    Some of those guys are simply deserving better than NXT, but I guess in the WWE route it's the only way, no real main show surprise debuts anymore if you watch NXT...
    Going through NXT shouldn't be an insult to anyone. Look at the talent they've assembled down there, the trainers, the facilities.

    Hell, Sami Zayn was a world class wrestler the first day he showed up, and even he's noticeably improved from being in the NXT environment.
    The Prince Is Here...

  5. #5

    Default

    As for the guys in question, yes to everyone but Roderick Strong please. Especially ACH, that dude is the best.
    The Prince Is Here...

  6. #6
    Coolbie www.desirulez.net
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Wijk bij Duurstede, The Netherlands
    Posts
    1,909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Harbinger View Post
    Going through NXT shouldn't be an insult to anyone. Look at the talent they've assembled down there, the trainers, the facilities.

    Hell, Sami Zayn was a world class wrestler the first day he showed up, and even he's noticeably improved from being in the NXT environment.
    Fully agree. As for your next post i agree for the most part but Roderick is also very good. He is just not my type of wrestler but he is good.


    I am the best in the world at what i do.

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jermaine View Post
    Fully agree. As for your next post i agree for the most part but Roderick is also very good. He is just not my type of wrestler but he is good.
    He's good at what he does (that being matches with lots of MOVEZ! but not much in the way of selling or psychology) but he absolutely doesn't appeal to me.
    The Prince Is Here...

  8. #8
    Junior Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Ohio, USA
    Posts
    2,597

    Default

    RoH should merge with NXT, so it'll be easier for both companies when it comes down to entering the main roster in the WWE.

  9. #9
    Coolbie www.desirulez.net
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Wijk bij Duurstede, The Netherlands
    Posts
    1,909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DZSharma View Post
    RoH should merge with NXT, so it'll be easier for both companies when it comes down to entering the main roster in the WWE.
    Hell no, ROH has a great concept and has many great talents. If they will merge with NXT i`m quite sure the WWE won`t expend NXT but just keep it the way it is. And that will mean a lot of both NXT and ROH talents won`t get on air which they do deserve which even makes it take longer to get on the main stage. Also ROH has a great fanbase which probably won`t appreciate it if they merge with the WWE.


    I am the best in the world at what i do.

  10. #10
    dR Wrestlers www.desirulez.net
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,398

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Harbinger View Post
    Going through NXT shouldn't be an insult to anyone. Look at the talent they've assembled down there, the trainers, the facilities.

    Hell, Sami Zayn was a world class wrestler the first day he showed up, and even he's noticeably improved from being in the NXT environment.
    I watched El Generico (Sami Zayn) in many matches before he joined WWE. I'd say he's been toned down massively and any improvements we've seen on NXT are just that, improvements on NXT, not him as a wrestler. I preferred him as El Generico, he was faster with more moveset and impressed me far greater than what I've seen on NXT from him, so any improvements IMO are just what he already had, he's been held back or held himself back.

    I think if you're a world class wrestler going through NXT is an insult because you are deemed the same level as newcomers, the only good point is those who are world class seem to get pushed early on and join the main roster rather quickly in comparison relatively to the newcomers (Cesaro for example)

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Neil Law View Post
    I watched El Generico (Sami Zayn) in many matches before he joined WWE. I'd say he's been toned down massively and any improvements we've seen on NXT are just that, improvements on NXT, not him as a wrestler. I preferred him as El Generico, he was faster with more moveset and impressed me far greater than what I've seen on NXT from him, so any improvements IMO are just what he already had, he's been held back or held himself back.

    I think if you're a world class wrestler going through NXT is an insult because you are deemed the same level as newcomers, the only good point is those who are world class seem to get pushed early on and join the main roster rather quickly in comparison relatively to the newcomers (Cesaro for example)
    Ok, first of all, I don't know where you got your information, but its clearly wrong because Sami Zayn and El Generico are not the same guy, they are merely friends. Everybody knows Generico is down in Mexico taking care of sick orphans.

    Of course Genericos been slowed down, WWE don't work the ROH style. It doesn't mean hes a worse wrestler, as I said, if anything he's better than ever in the WWE environment. If you're only complaint about Zayn is that his buddy on the indies () used to do more MOVEZ! then maybe you need to look at the bigger picture. Zayn is having world class matches, doing the best character and promo work of his career, and getting over as a genuine WWE-style character rather than a silly masked gimmick.

    As far as I'm concerned there's no such thing as a perfect wrestler, or a wrestler who can't improve. And if WWE don't immediately have a spot open for you, there are far worse things that could happen to you than being in the best training environment in the history of wrestling. Although I'm sure Zayn will be the next guy called up. (Well, possibly after Adam Rose, because that dude needs to be on Raw ASAP)
    The Prince Is Here...

  12. #12
    dR Wrestlers www.desirulez.net
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,398

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Harbinger View Post
    Ok, first of all, I don't know where you got your information, but its clearly wrong because Sami Zayn and El Generico are not the same guy, they are merely friends. Everybody knows Generico is down in Mexico taking care of sick orphans.

    Of course Genericos been slowed down, WWE don't work the ROH style. It doesn't mean hes a worse wrestler, as I said, if anything he's better than ever in the WWE environment. If you're only complaint about Zayn is that his buddy on the indies () used to do more MOVEZ! then maybe you need to look at the bigger picture. Zayn is having world class matches, doing the best character and promo work of his career, and getting over as a genuine WWE-style character rather than a silly masked gimmick.

    As far as I'm concerned there's no such thing as a perfect wrestler, or a wrestler who can't improve. And if WWE don't immediately have a spot open for you, there are far worse things that could happen to you than being in the best training environment in the history of wrestling. Although I'm sure Zayn will be the next guy called up. (Well, possibly after Adam Rose, because that dude needs to be on Raw ASAP)
    I think I've hit that point of giving up on this guy... Just, SMH

  13. #13

    Default

    Yeah yeah yeah, you think Sami Zayn and El Generico are the same guy and I'm the moron.
    The Prince Is Here...

  14. #14

    Default

    I don't think WWE deserves any of them if they are just going to limit their skills, character and everything else and shove them into NXT. Just no....

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike&TazzatBoundForGlory12 View Post
    Crowd: 'WE WANT HEAD! WE WANT HEAD!'

    Mike: What do you think of the chants? Seems like everybody here in Phoenix wants head.

    Tazz: Well, it's a horny crowd.

    Mike: What...?

  15. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BarelyCreative View Post
    I don't think WWE deserves any of them if they are just going to limit their skills, character and everything else and shove them into NXT. Just no....
    How would one "limit" Roderick Strongs "skills"?
    The Prince Is Here...

  16. #16
    dR Contributor www.desirulez.net
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Bucharest, Romania
    Posts
    336

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Harbinger View Post
    Yeah yeah yeah, you think Sami Zayn and El Generico are the same guy and I'm the moron.
    I hope you`re sarcastic. If not, you should research more.

  17. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kErTiLLo View Post
    I hope you`re sarcastic. If not, you should research more.
    I'm not being sarcastic. They aren't the same guy. Generico is looking after orphans in Mexico. He announced it at his last indy appearance for PWG.

    Sami Zayn is a friend of Genericos, though.
    The Prince Is Here...

  18. #18
    dR Wrestlers www.desirulez.net
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,398

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Harbinger View Post
    I'm not being sarcastic. They aren't the same guy. Generico is looking after orphans in Mexico. He announced it at his last indy appearance for PWG.

    Sami Zayn is a friend of Genericos, though.
    Ever heard the phrase 'keeping up appearances'?

    Kayfabe

  19. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by neil law View Post
    ever heard the phrase 'keeping up appearances'?

    Kayfabe
    generico wouldn't lie to me
    The Prince Is Here...

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •