Super Moderators www.desirulez.net

Default UK Wrestler Injured After Match With AJ Styles

Follow us on Social Media

Just back from the Preston City Wrestling show here in Preston, England. They had a weekend of excellent shows featuring the likes of Styles, Chris Masters, Chris Hero, Mike Bennett & Maria, and Godfather/Papa Shango. The show tonight was hugely anticipated, a packed building sold out with 1300 fans for a Lionheart vs Styles main event.

Lionheart beat Styles in an excellent match, but afterwards, Styles gave him the Styles Clash. Lionheart tucked his chin and landed squarely on the top of his head.

It was almost exactly like the Roderick Strong incident back in January in ROH, when Strong got injured taking the same move. Really scary landing, and even worse, Lionheart wasn't moving his arms or legs afterwards, just lying face down in the ring.

It wasn't an angle or anything, people could see it was real straight away. Officials came out along with medics. It was the end of the show anyway, but they asked if everyone could leave the building as quickly as possible so they could attend to Lionheart in the ring.

The crowd were really respectful, Lionheart is the number one heel in the promotion, but everyone was chanting his name in support. No word on how he is as of yet, but some of his co-workers are tweeting 'pray for Lionheart' which doesn't sound good at all. Just thought I'd pass this info on.
    Do you know Richard Cheese?

Junior Moderator

Ouch, I'm sure tons of wrestlers have been in the same position before.

Hot Member www.desirulez.net

Stone Cold ....

Broken neck for Lionheart apparently, but no major damage so he won't be in a wheelchair or anything. Still, career over, one would imagine.
    The Prince Is Here...

Coolbie www.desirulez.net

Time for Styles to change his finisher. I mean even if it wasn`t his fault that the guy broke his neck, it`s the second accident in a short while with the Styles Clash. He should change his finisher to something less dangerous while being botched.

I am the best in the world at what i do.

Quote Originally Posted by Jermaine View Post
    Time for Styles to change his finisher. I mean even if it wasn`t his fault that the guy broke his neck, it`s the second accident in a short while with the Styles Clash. He should change his finisher to something less dangerous while being botched.
    Hmm... Should he change finisher, then I'd suggest for Styles to resort using the Corkscrew finisher from the top turnbuckle again as a finisher. ;3 It takes a lot to pull such move off but at least it is a great alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike&TazzatBoundForGlory12 View Post
    Crowd: 'WE WANT HEAD! WE WANT HEAD!'

Mike: What do you think of the chants? Seems like everybody here in Phoenix wants head.

Tazz: Well, it's a horny crowd.

Mike: What...?

dR Wrestlers www.desirulez.net

Quote Originally Posted by Jermaine View Post
    While I would like to agree I don't recall any major incidents in TNA, maybe he just needs to stick to the wrestlers who understand his move set

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Law View Post
    While I would like to agree I don't recall any major incidents in TNA, maybe he just needs to stick to the wrestlers who understand his move set
    There were 1 or 2 injuries in TNA over the years, including at least one that was definitely AJs fault (he was holding the guy too low)

The problem with the Styles Clash is in the bumping. Standard procedure when bumping on virtually any move is to tuck your chin. However, with the Styles Clash if you do that you get dropped on your head. It can be very difficult for a wrestler to remember, in the heat of the moment, to ignore all of his training and bump in a completely different way.
    The Prince Is Here...