Kal Ho Na Ho
    India & Cambodia

Default Sanjay is a big guy: Mugdha

Follow us on Social Media

Models turning actresses is not new to Bollywood. One such is a Marathi mulgi, who has carved a niche for herself on the silver screen after

scorching the ramp, is Mugdha Godse. In Goa to shoot for Mohit Suri’s All The Best, Mugdha shared her thoughts about the two films she is doing at present.

“Both are completely different films and I have completely different look as well,” remarked Mugdha. “This is a freaky comedy, while Jail is an intense film. After Fashion, I know Madhur’s working style, but this set-up is completely new and typically commercial.”

She admitted that it was different and a little difficult initially. “Fashion was comparatively easy because I could relate to the situations, psychologically having spent five years on the ramp. Now, it is a different ball game. This is new ... the schedules, the chaos, the on-set ambience ... everything is new to me. But, no complaints. I love the chaos and am getting used to the erratic schedules.”

Mugdha is working with big-wigs of the industry in All The Best. Ajay Devgan, Bipasha Basu, Fardeen Khan and Sanjay Dutt – all are big names. “I was scared,” confessed Mugdha. “Sanjay is a big guy. And I was quite apprehensive in the beginning ... almost frightened. But he just strolled over to me on my first day and said ‘hello’. He made an effort to communicate and make me comfortable. After that, it has been a joy ride on the sets.”Are these big guys serious on the sets? “Not at all. They are continuously having fun on the sets,” she divulged. “Everyone is extremely down-to-earth. And the shooting is like a big party.”

And Jail? “Neil is a good co-actor. Acting and reacting is so much easier with him. And Madhur is a great director. He guides you all the time.”

Does she feel respected in this bad world of movies and glamour? “Oh yes!” she exclaimed. “And believe me, being a Maharashtrian has a lot to do with it. They say, ‘Oh, Marathi girl, you must be a good actor!’ This is thanks to a line of good female actors like Madhuri and Kajol that today Marathi women are considered to be great actors.”

You are another one to face the camera after the ramp. “I know. But I chose this career because I wanted to do something different after five years of the catwalk. Today, I am discovering a new me everyday,” she concludes with a smile.

Retired Staff

Thanks for sharing